News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Mrg on Wednesday, 21 June  2017, 02:33 AM
Well went to Canterbury  To day and collected my camshaft sensor new one from Suzuki 86 pounds all in fitted there and rode home with out a f1 light showing yepie  so all good now sorted 👍  :boogie:  :onya:  :cheers:

Yay!!!  :clapping: :clapping:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Dusty ST

Well yesterday... managed to get half an hour to change the clutch fluid.
Strange thing was, the fluid in the reservoir looked a little murky whereas the stuff out of the cylinder looked clean.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

KiwiCol

Moisture getting into the reservoir & not made it down to the cyl yet?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Timothy Spencer

Cleaned up the Pan and gave it a full check over ready for tomorrows trip - France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium before heading back to blighty in about 2 weeks time. Gave the 14 a quick wash and brush up so it will be ready for a sound thrashing when we get back.

Dusty ST

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 26 June  2017, 06:12 PM
Moisture getting into the reservoir & not made it down to the cyl yet?

Sounds like a good and likely explanation!
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

Red Biker

More hard work today banishing the evil that is alloy!
Throttle bodies and tank cap went Black today.

C'mon Kiwicol, you know you want to 😎
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

KiwiCol

Looking very mean there Red.  I like mine the way it is - with some chrome & shiny bits.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Red Biker

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 10 July  2017, 03:07 AM
Looking very mean there Red.  I like mine the way it is - with some chrome & shiny bits.

Pah!Polish molish!
Actually it is now very low maintenance, the pipes just need a wipe with a soapy cloth and they look like new 👍

northern

Today I did first ~150k run with 17 tooth front sprocket, which I install yesterday.

There is some comments: http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=550.msg15806#msg15806

Red Biker

Hi Northern,
I put the 17 tuth sprocket on at the begining of this season and it definately felt shaper, 1/4 mile may be to far to judge as the benefit is just in 1st/2nd gears IMO

Cheers
Red

northern

Hi Red.

Possible you are right about 1/4 mile.
But on second gear, I have to hold handlebar harder, to keep myself on a bike :)

Gra Har

Big service done plus new  tyres & plugs, should be all good now for our big trip to Darwin.

northern

@Gra Har
eeeee.... Engine sprocket $135??!!
Did I understand you write, it's just a spare part price?

Gra Har

Genuine Suzuki front sprocket, has the Teflon on each side which reduces the noise coming from the sprocket, I have always used genuine front sprockets an all the bikes I have had. :mwink:

northern

I just change front sprocket on my bike (2 weeks ago) and I pay 11.88€.. (~$17.60)
It's was JT Sprockets and without Teflon or rubber, but the price difference is colossal.

Also, interesting to know, what Australian prices are quite high - OEM engine sprocket from my local dealership is ~50-55€ (~$74-~$82)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk