News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

high milers club

Started by saggy0000, Monday, 26 June 2017, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: saggy0000 on Friday, 28 July  2017, 08:31 AM
i have a small trophy for any one that can beet 111000 MILES, posted to the winner before end of august ,not much of a trophy but you can say you are THE HIGH MILER ON A 14 :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :hat: :onya:
You might want to up that score, I'm nearly on 112k now...

I'm pretty sure Shaun the Sheep is on a very similar mileage if he notices this thread.

Alz

A huge 34,000 miles on mine!

saggy0000

the trophy is waiting for the winner? shaun the sheeps milage?? anyone know :confused1:

black14

K7 - still going strong...
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

gsxbarmy

That is very impressive - 200,000km  :clapping: :hat:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

Wow BLACK14 Kudos to you man that is some serious time in the saddle and it's a 2007 model too.  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Good work black14.....pleased you are using it :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Impressive ks Black 14. What repairs/maintenance/ broken bits in all those ks.

seth

very impressive black
we'd be interested in any info on your bike .
as said whats broken and special maintenance things like that .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Bloody impressive, I really must try harder.

turner

Really chuffed to see that millage, mine must be good for a few more years, only having 89000miles on her... :clapping: :clapping:

Notty

Just over 6300 miles now so must try harder !! :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Speedy1959

T 24

black14

May 2008 build bike owned from new since September 2008 used primarily for a 50km each way commute including around 17km of freeway with the occasional long distance run and blast through the twisties.
What's gone wrong?
Not much really!!
Gear linkage rose joints broke - pins sheared off both ends one at a time at maybe 120k kms and 145k kms or so. Rode home both times with it in 2nd gear - bit noisy on the freeway!!! Maybe I've just got a heavy foot...
Small patches of the chrome wore off the fork legs so I replaced the entire legs (tubes and sliders) with low mileage ones from a wrecker to minimise downtime.
Oil cooler has been fine - no issues.
Still on the original battery!
Shocks had the seized then leaking adjusters - a refill with engine oil fixed that.
Seat cover cracked - replaced it with a cover off eBay which lasted around 12 months so bought another seat off a low kms bike being parted out.
Valve clearances all good last check - around 15k kms ago - so will do again over Xmas break.
The usual tyres, chains, sprockets, brake pads and discs.
Irridium spark plugs after the first 40k kms - last a lot longer than the standard ones.
Make sure to dry out the compartment that the multi-pin connector for the ECU sits in - and every now and then pull apart and spray with contact cleaner.
Every 40k kms or so pull the fuel pump and clean the filters.
And I change the engine oil and filter (I've used genuine and K&N filters - mainly genuine) religiously every 5000kms (ok - sometimes it might run to nearly 6k kms!) - usually use Fuchs Silkolene Comp 4 (full synth) or Super 4 (semi-synth) or Penrite Everday 10w 40 car oil if they are not on special - no clutch issues.
Running K&N air filter and PC3 with a Shark slip-on - had it tuned on the dyno with that setup when new and haven't touched it since.
Does seem to run a bit rich at low revs when cold - but fuel consumption now is the same as when it had 5k kms on it so I'm not complaining...
Finish has stood up to time remarkably well considering the bike is ridden in all weathers and spends every working day sitting outside - bearing in mind no salt on the roads over here to destroy the aluminium. Few stone chips on the tank and elsewhere as can be expected.
Picture was taken in January of this year - so about 20k kms ago - doesn't look any different now!!
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk