Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Well done Sir. On my list to replace every vac hose. Ive bought a few spare sensors for when needed, dont always have to be for 14, other Suzuki stuff matches, often cheaper.

Chappers

New sprockets and chain fitted, old chain wasn't worn but had seized a bit due to being stood for 6 years before I bought it, the annoying chain whine has now gone. Changed the fork oil which was rank and set to the MCN settings, got Nitros on the rear and no clue what they are set up for so will try and get in somewhere to get it set up. And finally took the heated grips off and replaced with standard.

hard road

Quote from: Chappers on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 02:37 AMNew sprockets and chain fitted, old chain wasn't worn but had seized a bit due to being stood for 6 years before I bought it, the annoying chain whine has now gone. Changed the fork oil which was rank and set to the MCN settings, got Nitros on the rear and no clue what they are set up for so will try and get in somewhere to get it set up. And finally took the heated grips off and replaced with standard.

how can someone leave a bike for 6 years  :whatever:  unless its due to an illness. 

Speedy1959

[/quote]

how can someone leave a bike for 6 years  :whatever:  unless its due to an illness. 
[/quote]

Mr hard road,
My bike only did 50 miles in 5 years by the previous owner!!
When I road her home (North posh side of Birmingham) she sprung a major front fork oil seal leak!!
Thats the only problen Ive have had due to lack of use!
I have now owned her around 9 months and have done around 7,000 miles.
She thanks me for getting out of a garage prison every time I ride..

S

GSXKING

Glad you rescued this one mate 👍👍🙏🙏
I'm sure there's plenty more in storage for one reason or another 😢😢
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Speedy1959

Totally agree GSXKING..
I dont get it!
Anything mechanical is the better for being used (serviced) and used for the reason it was created..
Love this bike..
I know I keep harping on..
But definately the best all round bike I have owned.
S

hard road

[/quote]

Mr hard road,
My bike only did 50 miles in 5 years by the previous owner!!
When I road her home (North posh side of Birmingham) she sprung a major front fork oil seal leak!!
Thats the only problen Ive have had due to lack of use!
I have now owned her around 9 months and have done around 7,000 miles.
She thanks me for getting out of a garage prison every time I ride..

S
[/quote]

yeah my bike hasn't done that many miles really, 30.000miles in 18 years isn't a lot !!!  ive had it 10 days and done nearly 400 miles. must admit its quite a bit for me as a really annoying health issue sometimes stops me riding  :angry:   but im getting out as much as I can with all this sun  :grin:

Irish in Oz

[/quote]

[/quote]

My K7 has been left for 5 years and I'm not ill, although some on here will dispute that.

grog

Bloke up the road has 3 sheds full of all sorts of bikes. Some absolute classics. Been buying for 32 yrs i know of. Buys then just parks. Makes my blood boil, just a total waste. I cant understand why you would do that.

Tony Nitrous

I have a few "projects" that haven't seen day light in a while and a bike I bought 18 months ago that I have hardly touched yet, but they are doing no harm, hopefully I'll get around to them, I do have plans, they aren't there for the sake of just collecting.

On the same topic, one of the Busa's I went to buy (and walked away from) recently, was a 2012 model, with 12,000K's on it. It was beautiful, unmarked, looked like a new bike............ however, the last owner had passed away, his Mrs knew how much he loved the bike and she wouldn't part with it.  It had sat untouched for several years.  Now she realised it needed to go they couldn't even get it to start. Rust in the tank, a non-functioning fuel pump, gummed up injectors etc etc. They had worked on it but were still waiting on several new parts. Even if they sorted out the obvious issues I was still suspicious of what else would be a drama down the line.

Putting a few miles on a bike is no bad thing.

Hooli

Odd you say that Tony, I know of a 2013 one in a shed for the same reason and she's finally decided to sell it as it now feels like bad memories.

If she wasn't 3-4hrs from me I'd have offered to help get it going so she got more for it

grog

About 30 yrs ago i saw Laverda Jota under house near work. Spare motor, frame and tank, near salt air. was 4 yrs old then. Valuable bike.Ive revisited 5 times , refuses to sell. Each time more devastation. Now, just a rusted piece of crap, no way could be fixed. Ridiculous in my books.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 06:09 PMOdd you say that Tony, I know of a 2013 one in a shed for the same reason and she's finally decided to sell it as it now feels like bad memories. Similar price to the older more "used" one I bought, just not the right bike for me.

If she wasn't 3-4hrs from me I'd have offered to help get it going so she got more for it

Yeah, I was tempted to take a gamble on it, but had second thoughts. Very tidy bike, unmolested, but more work and potential dramas than I wanted to take on.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 31 May  2023, 06:37 PMAbout 30 yrs ago i saw Laverda Jota under house near work. Spare motor, frame and tank, near salt air. was 4 yrs old then. Valuable bike.Ive revisited 5 times , refuses to sell. Each time more devastation. Now, just a rusted piece of crap, no way could be fixed. Ridiculous in my books.

In my defence mine are in a dry shed, mostly soaked in CRC and given an occasional wipe over. One of the Busa's and a couple of the ET's were never bikes and are just slow builds from accumulated parts, others were bought as projects. I don't have many that are "having a break"... honest!

My Gen-1 Busa has a cracked and welded up frame, I did try and buy another Busa yesterday (in Brisbane) with a dead motor, but I think I was outbid as I went in a bit too low. 

Irish in Oz

I have decided when I return to Oz I'm going to sell all my classic bikes and make a shit load of money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk