News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic

Ordered another carrier bearing from q/land bearings,  koyo brand.
After doing the research I should have done at the beginning I have deduced that Wemoto sells either all balls or Slinky Glide bearings, Slinky Glide personal lube would be more useful.

Some time later: Re-ordered all wheel bearings Koyo brand, and swingarm bearings, forget the brand but it ain't slinky Glide or all balls.
I should have done my research before jumping in, again. FIY, if it's bearings you need, don't go to Wemoto  :frustrated:

Hooli

Quote from: Nic on Thursday, 04 May  2023, 02:04 PMGood to know Eric thanks.
The Carrier bearing and seal arrived, it's an All Balls bearing, didn't make mention of that on their site.
So should I just chuck it, I'm really hoping the wheel bearings aren't ABs when they get here  :furious:

Personally I'd send it back & ask for a real one.

When I put all balls in for wheel bearings & sprocket carrier, the sprocket carrier had no balls left in it about 3k miles later. I'll never buy their shit again. I got them from Wemoto too, as I didn't have time to go to the local bearing shop. I won't make that mistake again.

I changed the lot as no way I was trusting their excuse for bearings after that experience.

grog

I wouldnt fit them, chinese crap. Wear it or post for refund cost prob the same.

Nic

I'll be wearing it boys, I jump before looking way too often  :rolleyes:
The good stuff is coming so all good in the end.

grog

Nic, some you win, some you lose. Its called Life.

Nic

Boy it's a real shame about Wemoto's bearings because their service is 2nd to none. All parts arrived within 2 days.

KiwiCol

I think the same goes for All Balls seals etc? Correct?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Nic

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 05 May  2023, 02:36 PMI think the same goes for All Balls seals etc? Correct?
As in they be no good? The seal that came with the carrier bearing is in a box labelled Hendler Oil Seals.
The front two wheel seals came with the bearings all in a box labelled Slinky Glide.
To me a seal is a seal generally unless it's one where there is high oil pressure behind it ala old Honda four points seal, you want genuine in there but for dust cover type seals, mehhh, I dunno  :whatever:

Eric GSX1400K3

I had AB seals and I think they lasted less than 1000km.  Visually identical to suzuki oem, the difference must be in the material or in details not visited to the naked eye.

Fitted a set of genuine seals recently, yes more expensive but no issues atm.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

I now have a Gen-3 dealer switch,

a Gen-2 dark screen,

and a Gen-2 blue single seat cowl,    on order.

Good job I'm to dumb to work out how to pay in US$'s from my phone or I'd have a Brocks / Corbin Gen-3 drag seat and a Gen-2 BTL lock up too.

Speedy1959

Checked the TPS as its not been done on this Bike (By me)..
It was at 1410 0hms
Altered it down to 1086 which is near enough for me..
It did make a noticeable difference to the smoothness at low revs.. :)

Irish in Oz

As for seals, I think you will find a lot of original japanese manufacturers used the NOK brand.

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Thursday, 11 May  2023, 03:41 PMChecked the TPS as its not been done on this Bike (By me)..
It was at 1410 0hms
Altered it down to 1086 which is near enough for me..
It did make a noticeable difference to the smoothness at low revs.. :)

Had you balanced the throttles first? otherwise it'll be wrong once you do.

Effectively you're measuring the position of No3 throttle body (the one the cables act on) via the adjusters between No1, No2 & No3. So adjustments to the balance affect it all.

Speedy1959

Had you balanced the throttles first? otherwise it'll be wrong once you do.
[/quote]

Hi Hooli,
To be honest I did not!!
Tickover seemed very smooth and stable pre the TPS adjustment (and still smooth and stable after)..
But I definitely notoced a difference once the TPS was adjusted.. It used to be quite snatchy at low speeds when manoevering say a tight bend..

However, I have splashed out on a set of Morgan Carb / Throttle body balancers which should arrive in the next few days, so I shall do it all again and also "whilst I'm in there" compare the TPS readings at the large grey connector (which I used), with the connector under the tank..
Mat even have a play with the STPS..
If it works it needs adjusting  :whistling:  :stir:

S

Hooli

Enjoy needing three hands to do the SPS. You need to hold the butterflies fully shut to set it, hold the meter probes on the connectors and turn the SPS all at once ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk