Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 18 March  2023, 05:11 PMHooli, rear caliper next, should be ok to not order seal kit? Im fairly confident.

Pretty sure I've never changed the rear seals in countless rebuilds. It's always crud behind the seals that causes the issues as I'm sure you know.

Hooli

Talking of things I did to my bike today.

I popped the front pads out as the brakes didn't feel quite right yesterday, bit of rust on the ends of the pads made them stick in the calipers. Much easier to sort than stuck pistons. Then I stripped & rebuilt the clutch slave as I knew it needed the fluid changing & it's so easy to do. Clean inside & works great again now it's got fresh fluid.

Then I did an Old Org standard length ride out... 4 miles to a tea van & home just to check it all worked ok.

I have noticed the fast idle is a bit low, I might poke that soon if it doesn't start working with a bit of use. I had to guess the adjustment after rebuilding the mech the other year and don't think I ever got it perfect as I never bother to lift the tank to tweak it. Or remember to tweak it when the tank is off.

KiwiCol

Took mine for a run down to Greymouth, stopped for fuel & a bite then back home via Nelson Creek, Totara Flat, Ikamatua, Reefton & the Buller Gorge. Very nice 4 hour run with some spirited sections along the way.

Fuel in Grey
20230319_112914.jpg

Nelson Creek Pub
20230319_121856.jpg 

Sign above the bar door
20230319_121916.jpg

Bike waiting for me
20230319_122559.jpg
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

T250

Took the forks out to replace the seals, noticed the top bushes have a slight bit of wear, bottom set all okay, so just ordered a set hopefully they will be here mid week.

Chappers

Today I fitted the newly powder coated engine casings, topped up the oil started and checked for leaks, all good. Fitted the newly sprayed forks along with the wheel (still waiting for the calipers to come back from Powerhouse). Removed all the bodywork and cleaned the frame then treated a few areas with Hammerite Krust. Gave the tank a machine polish, came up nice apart from a couple of spots that will need wet sanding. And finally removed the rocker cover for powder coating while I'm waiting for the calipers.

Dwain Dibley

To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Chappers

T250

New bushes and seals fitted, forks all back together now, you could see and feel the difference in the quality of the aftermarket seals that came out compared to genuine Suzuki, OEM much better  :onya:

Hooli

New fork bushes etc made my 14 feel like a new bike a few years ago. Doing that made the front feel absolutely planted & trustworthy again. Stopped the strange wear on the front tyre too.

Thinking about it, I must be over halfway to needing to do it again...

Hooli

I've just spoken to the salvage place that damaged my bike whilst they had it.

I'd complained to the insurance company about the damage their agents had caused just to be difficult after the way they'd tried to rip me off & being as slimy as they are they just off-loaded it to the salvage yard.

The bloke was dead easy to deal with, I was perfectly straight with him & admitted I'd only complained to be difficult to the insurance company as the pics showed the damage happened whilst their agent had it. He's given me £150 compensation which covers what it cost for my mate Bub to take me over & collect it.

There's a nice bonus for the month. So thanks to Hills Salvage for being easy to deal with and honest, not what I expected from a scrapyard at all.

Dwain Dibley

All I did was polish the front pegs.   :rolleyes:  Mind you they did come up nice and shiny .  :8:

D.D.

Chappers

Rocker cover back from powder coating so fitted along with new plugs and air filter, refurbished calipers fitted and bled, rear hugger and fender extender fitted and now ready to go. A few more things to do but they can wait til the end of the season, need to ride it now.

jolly748

Over the last few weeks, fitted upgraded battery, new pads and cleaned calipers, changed the rubber diaphragm in the master cylinder, new brake lines all round, fitted heated grips, powder coated wheels and new tyres, she's ready for MOT, booked in for Tuesday, can't wait to get out on the old girl. Andy.
IMG_1415 by Andrew Jolly, on Flickr

Dwain Dibley

The wheels look the dogs Andy. Is that your Zephyr in the background. A bike I hanker after  :drool:

D.D.

T250

Quick test ride to make sure new fork seals and bushes are all okay  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk