News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 29 December  2023, 01:41 AMI see this thread hasn't progressed much...

I did fit the handguards the evening they arrived and it was pretty straight forward bar a few minor points. The main one being that because I've got Renthals the ID of the bars is smaller than standard Suzuki ones so the barends didn't fit. Some offcuts of fuel pipe & smaller washers sorted that. The only other thing to take note of is the replacement lever pivot bolts arent a matching pair, the one with the longer 'nut section' on top is for the clutch side. I had to trim the grips too as the new barends are thicker than the renthal ones, but that was to be expected.

A box of bits, as they arrived

PXL_20231221_154855811.jpg

The difference in size of pipe I used compared to the rubbers that came with the barends.

PXL_20231221_161834494.jpg

The new & old throttle side lever pivot bolt, along with the extras to fit the handguard to the new one.

PXL_20231221_162757793.jpg

Fitted.

PXL_20231221_170832025.jpg
PXL_20231221_170842462.jpg

The barends are huge (about 3" a side) so the bike is now 34" wide! I'll have to remember that when filtering. They really don't need to be that big so it must be a styling choice on the V-Strom.

I've not tried them out yet as I came down with flu before xmas & haven't done much since.

Just to finish this off.

I've been out on the bike a few times since & they pretty much keep 100% of the wind off my hands. Can't fault them.

Nic

Here's mine with hand guards and ape hangers. Hand guards work great.

GSXKING

Not quite ape hangers but reminiscent of 60's bikes 🤣
Chris

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Nic

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 04 January  2024, 06:55 PMNot quite ape hangers but reminiscent of 60's bikes 🤣
Wasn't it you who said they were near enough to apes back when I put em on  :happy1:

Nic

Phill P

Refitted the battery after being off over winter, started on button, perfect tickover and running.
Removed handlebar fairing as its getting sent off for custom double bubble screen. :cheers:

KiwiCol

Thought it was about time I gave the bikes a bit of attention, so today I did some polishing on the B&W, headers, forks & a couple of engine casings. It's definitely not up to GSXbarmy standard, but parts of it looks shiny.

20240212_182929.jpg

20240212_182951.jpg

20240212_183014.jpg

The Black got a clutch bleed & a front brake bleed, still working fine, but after testing the fluid, it showed it needed to be changed. It also got the link pipe & end can shined up a bit too.  I also had the right rear shock off and un-stuck the adjuster, but, although it's now turning again it still won't go past 2 rings. Had the security torx screw out & managed to get a few drips of oil in there, but no improvement.  I'll just leave it on 2 ring for now.
It also got a chain clean (last night) and oiled today. Quick test run & clutch & brakes are working just fine.

Here she is, poor ole thing, hardly every gets a run, but it's turn is this week and or next week too.

20240212_183044.jpg

I'd brought a rivnut tool a while back & decided to install some rivnuts to the rear guard on both bikes to make installing & removing the number plate & WOF holder an easier process, should I feel the need to remove such.  Quick n easy now!    :cheers:

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Looks good to me Col. All mine got was a spray polish wipe over, a tank of BP,rev out in 4th, makes an old bloke smile,she even carried some beers home for me.Just our bloody heat is PIA at present, sweaty gloves, jacket etc.

KiwiCol

The Black got a bit more attention this morning, fluid change for the rear brake (both sides), gave the headers & fork legs a bit of shine along with some polish on the tank, front guard & rear plastics.  Can't get too carried away, there's riding to be done!

Snap of them both out sunning themselves . . .

20240213_110752.jpg

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Looks like a nice shed Col. Always nice to have the boat garaged  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

I see the B&W out in front cause they're faster even on the stand lmfao 🤣
Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk