News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Living in the Stone Age would be appealing to me on many levels... HOWEVER it won't do without my 14 and the expansive resources necessary to keep riding it :smitten:

Great news Dave :onya: Great price and service!

The strongest rated ones will not make it a pleasure to ride solo ;) That may be intended though :imrgreen:

dave55

Yesterday lunchtime i received a call from Brook Suspension, true to his word the new springs had arrived . So a drive over to Bradford and within 15 minutes the new springs were on the shocks and handed back to me, Then got the chance to look over the boss mans British Superbike Superstock  Honda and his this years TT R1 . Came away armed with a vast array of stickers YSS in every size going for bike ,tool box , shed and even my van  :cheesy:
Fitted them this afternoon, no not the stickers the shocks.... and immediately upon sitting on the bike i could tell a vast difference they had made. Dialed in the base settings again and just been for a 40ml run and the are vastly improved no soggy feel just feels like i may need to knock a couple of clicks from the compound damping and add a couple on the rebound for next run. Overall handling was good whatever corner i went into and as the riders say these days on Moto GP podium " I am Berry Berry Yappy "
And what a fantastic company to deal with , i have never known a company before that from start to finish made you feel like they were just wanting to make sure everything they did was right and they wanted you to leave 100% Satisfied and you cant ask for more than that. :hat:  :cheers:

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Today, mine got a batt charge, tyres pumped, full wipe over with spray wax stuff. All set to go. Not me, full on sinus, hayfever. Just no fun inside a helmet sneezing and nose like a tap. Tomorrow another day.

Notty

Fitted the new Renntec rack to replace rusty crap from Fehling
topbox.jpg
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

GSXKING

Looks very sturdy @ Notty 👍
Your seat looks really comfy, can you post a pic of it and some details of it please 🙏
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SpongeBob

Not especially today, but this was this summer job that started because... I needed to change the headstock bearings :-)
and that ended up to be the following, completely opposite to the usual and trendy mods, and also a little bit further away form stock...

IMG_20230903_125057 (Large).jpg
- completely rebuilt forks, with lowers back to 'original' state -- brushed aluminium with hardened clearcoat -- i.e. NOT mirror polished/black painted,/etc.
- Maxton SD25 internals with separated rebound and compression settings (one in left tube, the other in the right one -- as found in high end forks) and linear springs (and stiffer) -- i.e. NOT progressive ones
- clip-ons, with '89 1100 GSXR -like positioning (my reference), right above upper triple clamp -- i.e. NOT bar risers
- lighter/smaller/adjustable headlight holders to accommodate with clip-ons, LED 'bulb' with correct pattern and no fan.

OK, OK, this is something I've prepared for some time, and that was the opportunity to put that altogether at once :-)

A few road tests have just confirmed me this was indeed the way to go for me...

IMG_20230911_135008 (Large).jpg
IMG_20230911_134906 (Large).jpg

grog

Beautiful bike Spongey. Had clip ons on a few, when my back used to work. Brilliant bars but reckon they make you ride faster. I took two sets off for that reason, just to slow me down.Really nice bike :clapping: 

Hooli

Obviously not today, but the pics & story of my recent Romania trip are here https://www.thedarkwob.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19931

I suspect most of you will like the humour on that place too. I own it, but only because I was daft enough to say I'd set it up when we'd all started to leave another car forum due to 'stuff'.

Notty

New EBC discs fitted ready for MOT  :)
newdisc.jpg
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

Nice Notty, but why did you need new discs?  or was it just cos ya can?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Will14

Yesterday, not today - MOT time again, passed with flying colours. The tester couldn't believe the condition of the bike for 22 years oldIMG_2849.PNG

GSXKING

Chris

GSXKING

Quote from: Notty on Sunday, 24 September  2023, 07:41 PMNew EBC discs fitted ready for MOT  :)
newdisc.jpg

They look awesome @Notty were they expensive. Do they wear out wether you use them or not  :stir:  :stir:
Chris

grog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk