News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 09 August  2023, 10:40 PMNote clearance in diagram.
Front bearing.jpg
That's exactly what I meant. Cheers Irish. I noticed the spacer tube had no clearance and as I said the lh axle clamp tube was not flush.  New bearings and paying attention to the manual got it sorted
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

hard road

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 09 August  2023, 10:52 PMWell I never, I might look at mine to see if the wheel is central but I'm pretty sure it is from fitting brake pads - I'd have noticed if the pads sat differently in the calliper to normal.

theirs about 2-3mm difference between the bearing landings and the length of the spacer between them. 

DTTW

hard road

your suppose to use a press tool to put the bearings in but most people just hammer them in, but if you hammer the left bearing all the way in and then hammer the right bearing in theirs a chance you can knock the left bearing back out a bit as the spacer pushes it !!!!!

Irish in Oz

You could make up your own tool with a length of threaded rod.
After all that is right make sure you put the axle in the right direction  :stir:

hard road

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 10 August  2023, 04:55 AMYou could make up your own tool with a length of threaded rod.
After all that is right make sure you put the axle in the right direction  :stir:

:rolleyes:

dave55

Andre i ended up ordering a pair of YSS ones same rating as yours from Brookes Suspension and had a text this afternoon to say they will arrive in the morning before lunchtime  :boogie2: so fit and play cos it will be a nice day , dial in a few settings and see how we go  :cheers:

Andre

Dave, let us know how you get on with them.

:cheers:

dave55

Well took delivery of the new YSS shocks, must say Brooks Suspension were on the ball and good to deal with.
Ordered Monday , delivered Thursday lunchtime , Very well packaged and First impressions very Good , they appear to be very well made using quality materials.
Shocks come with understandable instructions giving some Basic settings to adjust them to as a baseline to work from.
After setting the shocks compound and rebound , fitted the shocks to the bike this morning and went out for a play
After 20ml pulled in for a cuppa , So from the box they worked ok but room to make better, started with compound and increased another 4 clicks and did another 20 miles, noticeable improvement  and i will tomorrow increase the spring stiffness and take out the wallowing feel when coming out of corners under a bit of throttle .
So far very pleased with them and feel with some minor adjusting and tinkering they will be as good as or better than the original standard ones they have replaced !

Tony Nitrous

Recently...

Bought some spare B-King front discs.
Bought an alloy 1100 Kat swingarm for my ET build.
Bought a used but mint Gen-2 Busa Rad guard.

Bought a pair of my favourite S22 tyres so I can remove the Angel GT2's and fit my painted wheels. Changed from my normal 55 back to a 50, not a huge difference but a fraction better for acceleration, stability and height at the strip.

Mostly using the Gen-2 and Gen-3 Busa's, occasionally the B-King or GSX1400. Starting to ride a lot more now I've slowed the jobs down a bit on the new place.

Did a quick and very easy 500+k / 310+ miles loop up through Nanango, Gympie, Kennilworth, Kingaroy etc. Needed to be home before 3pm or I'd have gone further. Loving this bike.

Still haven't fitted the solid BTL lock up that's sat here for the Gen-2 yet, not desperate for the road (although it'd be nice) but it 100% has to be done before it go's to the drags, hopefully soon.

Speedy1959

when I replaced the front left fork oil seal (again) I discovered a shattered "Oil Lock Piece"
Bloody expensive for a piece of plastic in my opinion..
I was VERY tempted to leave it out !

grog

Expensive at Fowlers, 1/3 cost from Web bike. But yes, robbery for a bit of plastic. Does anyone know its purpose?

T250

Its the guide for the damper unit to sit in, and then you bolt it in place through the bottom of the leg.
Strangely when I last did my seals, the guides have a small spring in them, and one of mine was twisted and had come out of the locating clips  :confused1:

GSXKING

Quote from: dave55 on Saturday, 12 August  2023, 05:52 AMWell took delivery of the new YSS shocks, must say Brooks Suspension were on the ball and good to deal with.
Ordered Monday , delivered Thursday lunchtime , Very well packaged and First impressions very Good , they appear to be very well made using quality materials.
Shocks come with understandable instructions giving some Basic settings to adjust them to as a baseline to work from.
After setting the shocks compound and rebound , fitted the shocks to the bike this morning and went out for a play
After 20ml pulled in for a cuppa , So from the box they worked ok but room to make better, started with compound and increased another 4 clicks and did another 20 miles, noticeable improvement  and i will tomorrow increase the spring stiffness and take out the wallowing feel when coming out of corners under a bit of throttle .
So far very pleased with them and feel with some minor adjusting and tinkering they will be as good as or better than the original standard ones they have replaced !

Did you start from the base of static sag first ?
Give that a go before you stat adjustments & note your adjustments in note book because you'll forget believe me 🥸
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

hard road

Quote from: grog on Friday, 18 August  2023, 04:16 PMExpensive at Fowlers, 1/3 cost from Web bike. But yes, robbery for a bit of plastic. Does anyone know its purpose?

their meant to help with the last 10mm of the fork stroke under full compression or something like that !!!
so I was told  :whatever:   ive seen them missing out of forks when doing fork seals, not sure if you would be able to tell if they are missing but the aluminium ones are a few mm thick at the bottom so the allen bolt might bottom out in the damper rod and not seal properly. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk