Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 07 July  2023, 07:48 PMI wouldn't do it on my 14, because it's got an Akra on.
agreed, I pick mine up on the chassis rails
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 07 July  2023, 08:24 PMThe lighting in the Batcave got a Code of Compliance Hooli ? :stir:

Don't be silly!

I didn't do it though, was up when I moved in. If I ever reroof it so it doesn't leak I'll do it properly.

Hooli

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 07 July  2023, 08:31 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 07 July  2023, 07:48 PMI wouldn't do it on my 14, because it's got an Akra on.
agreed, I pick mine up on the chassis rails

Me too, it's one of many things I like about proper frames where that bit isn't missing.

hard road

dave55

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 06 July  2023, 08:39 AM
Quote from: dave55 on Wednesday, 05 July  2023, 07:40 AMStarted to re commission my K3 which has not run for 6 years ready for an MOT. Fitted new battery, emptied fuel tank and put in a gallon of fresh fuel, changed oil and filter. Turned on ignition, every thing seemed ok so pressed the starter and was relieved when she burst into life and so time for a  :cheers:

G'day Dave55 and welcome to the forum 👍
Did I miss your intro?
We'd like to get to know you and see your resurrected GSX 👍

No you didnt miss it , havnt done it yet been too busy resurrecting the Holy Grail. I promise to do it next week if i dont get detention in the meantime  :onya:
since last post i have stripped and cleaned front brake calipers and fitted new seals and brake pads, refit and bled the brakes with the help of my missus who likes to help, i got brakes and no leaks yet :boogie: Today i have degreased engine and frame, swinging arm and back wheel with gunk and rinsed of with hosepipe, starting to look good again.
She still got a problem with the bloody indicators that was there when i parked it up 6 years ago. When the indicators flash the lights go dim :confused1: i have changed the relay, checked and tested the earth lead from battery to engine checked internals of indicators each one in turn and isolated them and none showed any faults.Cleaned and checked inside of switch on bars that turn indicators on that didnt show anything obvious, checked and changed bulbs Nuffink so what next??
I read of other earth leads but cannot find one anywhere?? So enough for today  :cheers:  :cheers:

Hooli

There's an earth lead under the RH side cover with a pointless spade connection in it. Might be worth checking that.

Off the top of my head I can't think where the headlight earths

grog

I use similar lift to you hard road, works well. Piece of timber under centrestand, lift at front, sits up nicely, both wheels free. One i really want like my Mates. He bought 2 lifts and joined together, really got it up in the air. Could actually go higher than pic.

IMG_1112.JPG

PPMM7945.jpg

Hooli

I've got a hydraulic table, it goes high enough that my 14's mirrors can touch my garage roof. No idea how I survived so long without one either.

Eric GSX1400K3

I'm looking at getting one of those tables too
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Interested in what you come up with Eric. They sure vary in price.

KiwiCol

Didn't @Snapey get some sort of table lift, then modified it?  He's not got a bike now, so may want to move it on . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 09 July  2023, 04:24 PMInterested in what you come up with Eric. They sure vary in price.
second hand definitely, had two come up recently on gumtree, missed out, around $300-350 I reckon I'd pay. No way I'd pay 1 or 2k for one.

hard road

I paid just over £400 new for mine in the pic delivered free, made a good profit on a bike I built so treat myself.  ;)

Speedy1959

Did my 16,000 mile service slightly early at 15,850 miles..
I can tell my bikes running spot on when I keep trying to change into 7th gear!!

Irish in Oz

Quote from: hard road on Monday, 10 July  2023, 01:56 AMI paid just over £400 new for mine in the pic delivered free, made a good profit on a bike I built so treat myself.  ;)
A fair price I think, would be interested in that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk