News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave55

Started to re commission my K3 which has not run for 6 years ready for an MOT. Fitted new battery, emptied fuel tank and put in a gallon of fresh fuel, changed oil and filter. Turned on ignition, every thing seemed ok so pressed the starter and was relieved when she burst into life and so time for a  :cheers:

hard road

Quote from: dave55 on Wednesday, 05 July  2023, 07:40 AMStarted to re commission my K3 which has not run for 6 years ready for an MOT. Fitted new battery, emptied fuel tank and put in a gallon of fresh fuel, changed oil and filter. Turned on ignition, every thing seemed ok so pressed the starter and was relieved when she burst into life and so time for a  :cheers:

it wouldn't be that easy if it had a set of carbs  :undecided: 

grog

Re bled rear brake. Reverse bleed got a pedal, then pumped n bled, few more bubbles. All good now.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: dave55 on Wednesday, 05 July  2023, 07:40 AMStarted to re commission my K3 which has not run for 6 years ready for an MOT. Fitted new battery, emptied fuel tank and put in a gallon of fresh fuel, changed oil and filter. Turned on ignition, every thing seemed ok so pressed the starter and was relieved when she burst into life and so time for a  :cheers:

That's reassuring as I have a K7 sitting 5 years now, could be 6 or 7 before I get back to it.

grog

Hooli

I stripped the front end down on my Hornet as the forks need to go for rechroming. Took nearly as long to make space in the garage to leave it on stands for a month as to do the job.

I'd add a pic but can't find how to shrink files on my phone.

Hooli

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 05 July  2023, 05:02 PMHope you ran some 2 stroke thru it Irish.
Valvoline Racing 2T you know what I mean.

GSXKING

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 05 July  2023, 09:08 PMNow I'm on a laptop...

Capture.JPG

That's a lot of pressure on the collector box @Hooli 🙄🙄
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

G'day Dave55 and welcome to the forum 👍
Did I miss your intro?
We'd like to get to know you and see your resurrected GSX 👍
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Tony Nitrous

Picked my spare rims up from the painters.

Without ever seeing the B-Kings stock wheel colour he got them pretty close and just what I was after.

I will give the paint a little longer and when the other bits I have on order turn up I'll get some sticky tyres fitted.

Hooli

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 06 July  2023, 08:35 AM

Capture.JPG

True, but I've done it before on that bike without issue & I don't really have another way of lifting the front of that one. It's the original system & the wood is under the big support bracket it's got. Plus is a 3" wide bit of wood to spread the load.

hard road

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 06 July  2023, 05:44 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 06 July  2023, 08:35 AM

Capture.JPG

True, but I've done it before on that bike without issue & I don't really have another way of lifting the front of that one. It's the original system & the wood is under the big support bracket it's got. Plus is a 3" wide bit of wood to spread the load.

they can take it, done it many times on bikes.  :onya:

Hooli

I wouldn't do it on my 14, because it's got an Akra on.

Kiwifruit

The lighting in the Batcave got a Code of Compliance Hooli ? :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk