News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

You can't beat a bit of banter, do it while you can before these woke twats have it banned as a hate crime.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Finally fitted last brake line. Only been sitting shed 8 months.

IMG_0408.jpeg

Tony Nitrous

More bits ordered from Partzilla.

Very easy to deal with.

Stevel3

Got my seat back from the trimmers, pretty happy how it turned out.

20230620_151012.jpg

20230620_151023.jpg

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Stevel3 on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 09:12 AMGot my seat back from the trimmers, pretty happy how it turned out.

I like that. I have one to be done similar on another bike, so I sit lower and further forward.

KiwiCol

Nice & contoured Stevel3, what's the Merc in the background?  ML by the look, 250 or 350?  or is it a GL?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Stevel3

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 10:12 AMNice & contoured Stevel3, what's the Merc in the background?  ML by the look, 250 or 350?  or is it a GL?

It's actually a 2008 SSV Commodore Ute, 6 litre 6 speed manual. 😁

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Stevel3 on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 11:02 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 10:12 AMNice & contoured Stevel3, what's the Merc in the background?  ML by the look, 250 or 350?  or is it a GL?

I was talking to someone recently about Aussie Utes. The yanks were making a big deal over one of their reasonably powerful ones and how they thought it was fast.

Someone took a stock, showroom floor, Maloo R8 over and showed them how it's done. 

Stevel3

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 11:10 AM
Quote from: Stevel3 on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 11:02 AM

I was talking to someone recently about Aussie Utes. The yanks were making a big deal over one of their reasonably powerful ones and how they thought it was fast.

Someone took a stock, showroom floor, Maloo R8 over and showed them how it's done. 

Yeah it doesn't take much to make these LS engines go. Mine only has a full exhaust, or air filter and tune and has 360hp at the rear wheels.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 24 June  2023, 12:45 PMFinally fitted last brake line. Only been sitting shed 8 months.

IMG_0408.jpeg

Your muffler still looks good Grog, my carbon fibre look alike vinyl wrapped can is still doing great. Been very successful. Never thought it would last more than one minute.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Phill P

Damn you all with your really nice V8's, the monaro is affordable here but the fuel to run it and tax it in the uk is just a joke, my focus st....xr5 to you in upside-down land is bad enough  :bugga:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Phill P on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 07:35 PMDamn you all with your really nice V8's, the monaro is affordable here but the fuel to run it and tax it in the uk is just a joke, my focus st....xr5 to you in upside-down land is bad enough  :bugga:

Yeah, V8's are popular here but what surprised me moving here was the amount of passion for the Barra motors. The Aussie built 4.0 straight 6's.  Folk here love 'em.  Not rare to see 1000hp ones at the drags and one real serious build has run over 2000hp on the dyno.

I've had 4 of them (the basic version) in Ford Territory's, but have driven a lot of others in Falcon sedans and Utes. The turbo ones can be a real giant killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQyzQXbvJg

They are just a super tough motor that loves boost...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwT5x5Y6ozc

Stevel3

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 08:12 PM
Quote from: Phill P on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 07:35 PMDamn you all with your really nice V8's, the monaro is affordable here but the fuel to run it and tax it in the uk is just a joke, my focus st....xr5 to you in upside-down land is bad enough  :bugga:

Yeah, V8's are popular here but what surprised me moving here was the amount of passion for the Barra motors. The Aussie built 4.0 straight 6's.  Folk here love 'em.  Not rare to see 1000hp ones at the drags and one real serious build has run over 2000hp on the dyno.

I've had 4 of them (the basic version) in Ford Territory's, but have driven a lot of others in Falcon sedans and Utes. The turbo ones can be a real giant killer.

Yeah I've had 2 XR6 Falcon utes. Great engines and definitely my pick for a 6 cylinder. But when it comes to V8's it's hard to go past an LS.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Stevel3 on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 08:22 PM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Sunday, 25 June  2023, 08:12 PM

Yeah I've had 2 XR6 Falcon utes. Great engines and definitely my pick for a 6 cylinder. But when it comes to V8's it's hard to go past an LS.

An LS is a lot of folks favourite, but some of the Barra's that get up to our local strip take a bit of catching.

Tony Nitrous

GSX1400.

It's been sat a while so battery on trickle charge just to be sure, a tiny bit of chain lube, 36-38 tyre pressure, oil in the window, gave it a wipe over, fired it up for a minute... good to go!

Then I went back in he house and sat by the log burner. Cold morning and very windy.  Not my idea of fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk