News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 14 June  2023, 05:00 PMOne of few that buy genuine parts Tony. Again, your bikes, your choice. Gen Suzi pads were bloody good, my originals were Tokico, guess everyone elses also. I tried to buy another set but couldnt find them. Never thought genuine, i tried Suzi shop but they sold DP, went with them, no regrets. Wonder what brand yours are?

Not a clue, I'll unwrap them and see if there's any clue's.    Recently I've had parts online from the UK, US, China, there's only 1 Suzuki store anywhere near me, I try to support them when I can. Genuine Suzuki stuff isn't cheap but they look after me. I get services the day and time I want, they are super helpful getting me stuff, today I asked for a price to remove tyres from rims to go to the painters and they laughed and said "no charge". They sorted my spare key to get cut and coded etc etc.  They aren't always my cheapest option but the level of service justifies it for me.

Before the official recall on the Gen-3's master cylinder was released they looked up my VIN, confirmed it with Suzuki, called me and asked when I'd like to drop it in and that they think they could do it whilst I had a coffee.

After dealing with several Brisbane stores its nice to now deal with folk who make an effort. I appreciate it.

Tony Nitrous

Took a spare pair of Busa wheels to my local store to get the tyres removed whilst I was in town.

Done whilst I waited. No charge.

Kiwifruit

Yep that's how I support businesses. Service first....price is important but not the be all and end all.
Recently I went to the tyre and alignment shop I have used for years.
I stood in reception for 10 minutes while the business owner passed the time of day with one of his mates. He didn't even acknowledge me. He won't get the opportunity to leave me waiting in the future.  :thumbs_down:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 16 June  2023, 03:07 PMYep that's how I support businesses. Service first....price is important but not the be all and end all.
I stood in reception for 10 minutes while the business owner passed the time of day with one of his mates. He didn't even acknowledge me. He won't get the opportunity to leave me waiting in the future.  :thumbs_down:

[/
Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 16 June  2023, 03:07 PMYep that's how I support businesses. Service first....price is important but not the be all and end all.

Absolutely. These guys aren't perfect, but they do make an effort.  I was happy to leave the wheels with them as I pick up parts from there every week, but the workshop boss told the workshop do them now.

Small business, only two shops in 2 local rural towns. They weren't competitive when I bough a new Busa but they understood that, they know I'll never go back to the shop I bought it from 100+ miles away and only they get it now.

Even stuff they make no money from the help me with, sorting out local businesses to do jobs for me.

grog

Service main priority at my shop. Not talking to someone in reception Col, just wouldnt happen, thats bottom of barrel. Of course we charge, have to make money, the free stuff we do is lots. globes, batt tests, pump tyres, wiper blades etc. Oldies, nearly me, come just for fluid checks, tyres pressure etc.They sit home freaking about how to get those things done, no one to help them, A huge trauma for some, really huge. No skin off our back, makes me feel good to help.Other Mechanic shops make my blood boil, its not hard to help.   

hard road

when I worked at the Suzuki dealer we won a customer service award, being helpful to your customers cost nowt and that brings them back. I think their is a pic of us on the Suzuki GB website.

grog

Fitted frame plugs as hard road found, sent by Notty,great work Mate. Appreciated. Look good IMOIMG_0406.jpeg

SpongeBob

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 17 June  2023, 11:52 AMFitted frame plugs as hard road found, sent by Notty,great work Mate. Appreciated. Look good IMOIMG_0406.jpeg

Would anyone living in the UK help me to get a pair of those frame plugs, as the Ebay shop selling them doesn't ship to France, and for I've got no chance to find them anywhere else (Ebay or others..)

Notty

Quote from: SpongeBob on Saturday, 17 June  2023, 06:26 PM
Quote from: grog on Saturday, 17 June  2023, 11:52 AMFitted frame plugs as hard road found, sent by Notty,great work Mate. Appreciated. Look good IMOIMG_0406.jpeg

Would anyone living in the UK help me to get a pair of those frame plugs, as the Ebay shop selling them doesn't ship to France, and for I've got no chance to find them anywhere else (Ebay or others..)
No problem - £5.92 for 2 plus P&p - pm me your address  :)
@spongeBob
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 14 June  2023, 05:00 PMOne of few that buy genuine parts Tony.

Previous Busa's have long "Frankenstein" bolts on the rear bodywork to take luggage hooks. I never use them and I'm not a fan of the look.

Turns out the bolts on the Gen-3 are the same fitment, but shorter and flush but the right fitting and heads.

Genuine Suzuki 2022 part. $3.45 each.  (The older longer ones are about $45 each!)

grog

Think i robbed you in payment Notty, exchange rate changed. Ill make up next time.

Almost

Can I ask I've just replaced my tank after Replacing the fuel sensor and cleaning the fuel pump. My question is When you turn on the Ignition should I be able to hear the fuel pump engage. I tried starting the bike and it turns over turns over but doesn't catch. I am thinking it must be the fuel pump. I definitely don't hear any noise coming from it. Could one of Ukraine gentlemen please clarify whether this is the case. Cheers.

Speedy1959

Yes you should !
Mine makes a clearly audible noise for about 2 - 5 seconds as it builds pressure then stops..
I suggest you check the Fuel pump fuse.. Under the left side panel..
Mine went through a phase of randomely blowing 10 amp fuel pump fuses..

Speedy1959

6.45 am and I fitted these !!

hard road

nice job speedy  :onya:  did you not fancy replacing the hoses while you where at it ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk