Anyone having forum issues? (speed, posting etc)

Started by VladTepes, Sunday, 10 June 2018, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

If so, please let me know and be as specific as possible regarding the problem.

Thanks
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Speed of loading pages & of posting.  Thought it was my laptop.  How to explain it . . . ?   Click reply & txt box opens, write reply & push either preview or post & it takes ages or gets 'stuck' half way through, leaving a blank page, sometimes with a header sometimes not. Sometimes it eventually goes through, others not.  Close programme & re-open it.  It's just started doing this the last day or so. I've shut down my laptop & re-booted but the same happens, not every time though.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

The above post went through as normal - just to make a liar out of me.

Speedy1959

My page lags when I post.. Especially if I add a photo..
I usually click on the "Forum" button and it all appears normally with my post displayed.

KiwiCol

Update from me, reckon my issue is related to the laptop as it's affecting every programme.

Andre

Usually "resolving host" (DNS) is noticeably slower than other sides. Yesterday it failed many times. I changed my DNS servers. No improvement. Made an entry to my "hosts" file. Now works like a charm.

I was going to write you about it first thing in the morning (well I did).

VladTepes

Thanks, I'll see what I can do - as always the more I can get from others re problems - the better / easier it is to track down issues.

So anyone else who hasn;t commented yet please feel free to do so.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

T250

I can only access via Chrome today, and it is taking ages to load, Firefox is timing out, earlier I was getting messages saying that the server had been moved, then error 404, when I signed in there was no sign I had been successful, I clicked back to forum and found I had been signed in

Hooli

It's been taking a couple of mins to post for me, browsing is ok but posting just hangs on 'saving post'. Firefox on W7 at home & work.

ETA: Obviously this post worked perfectly to prove me a liar!

Jeykey

Vlad, I had trouble but did some troubleshooting on a different computer and seems like it´s my pc related. The site server wasn´t responding, denied me access (error 403) but with this one, at least now, all seems ok.

lil4399

I am having issues posting, saying "server has moved" also "like" button missing.
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

Kiwifruit

Can be slow when posting replies.
What is the little red box on the left?
Think like button has gone awol.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

T250

Cannot post any pictures, I keep getting: The attachments upload directory is not writeable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

KiwiCol

I can see the little red box too, I clicked on it & it changes to black & shows "Null" beside it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk