News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

high milers club

Started by saggy0000, Monday, 26 June 2017, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trav Man

Quote from: KiwiCol on Monday, 18 December  2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe a lowest mileage 14 could be a starter on another thread, since we're looking at the highest.  Might be one out there still in the crate!

That would be cool to find one still in the box  :onya:
I've learnt so much from my mistakes that I'm thinking of making some more ;D

grog

today i spoke to a black n red k5 owner. 220 th ks. only mechanical failure, new clutch just last week. valve clearance never changed. usual shockies etc, thats all . still looks good.

Hooli

Just under 140k miles on a clutch then.

Mine is still slipping a bit when cold so could be on the way out, but I think riding for a year with a dodgy slave that struggled to release at times accelerated the wear a bit.

I'll be clicking over 114k miles next weekend too, off to Scotland on it for a long weekend.

shanered6

Well im not in it mines not run in yet with only 17000 on the clock but i look forward to putting plenty more on it !
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

owen426

I've got 10000 miles now  :grin:
Always remember, safety third.

Poweranger

My K3 has just hit 17,007 miles. Thinks I need to get out more  :cheers:
Steve Kennedy

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 27 January  2018, 10:00 PM

I'll be clicking over 114k miles next weekend too, off to Scotland on it for a long weekend.

That reminds me...this was about 4am in snow on the A66.

Sean T'sheep

My final score before it moved on

Hooli

Nearly 900miles done since friday, mine is getting close to it's 116k service now.

Still shifts ok for me too, two up & behaving in roadworks/villages on saturday I did the 118miles Fort William to Colintraive in 115mins...

Hooli

Edit to the above, after checking it was 928miles over the long weekend which puts my 14 on 116,008miles currently.

So it's due an oil change & needs a rear tyre again.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 26 April  2018, 06:16 AM
Edit to the above, after checking it was 928miles over the long weekend which puts my 14 on 116,008miles currently.

Good job it hasn't got an ashtray then Andy, else you'd be looking to trade it in for a new model  :happy1:

Well done on attaining that sort of mileage, shows how bullet proof the 14 really is, at some stage, given you've had yours from such a low mileage, it would be interesting to see what items (apart from normal service items) have worn out and when.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Sean T'sheep

Had my K3 from 9400 miles Dave, and from memory the following major parts were replaced

Exhaust headers - had two sets of those before changing to stainless ones from SBS at about 70k miles. also replaced the collector box at this point as the clamps were badly corroded.   
Oil Rad - This was punctured by a stone at the MCR in Kent - that was at about 80k miles
Clutch slave cylinder - bore was corroded, I think this was probably to do with me not bothering to change the fluid as regularly as I should - 108k miles. Incidentally, i checked the clutch plates at this point and they were still in tolerance. Original Clutch plates were still in it when sold.
Burnt out at least 3 stators during the time I had it, possibly because of not replacing the battery as often as recommended and replaced one sprocket bearing at about 68k miles
The offside rear shock started leaking at 95k miles, both were replaced by secondhand units from Bongy's old K4. Mileage from them unknown, but were still leak free when the bike was sold at 118k miles.

Thats about it aside from the normal pads, chains, tyres. The cylinder head was never removed during the time I had it and the engine still sounded as sweet as the day I bought it

KiwiCol

A "Rock" of a bike Sean!   Well done mate.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Thursday, 26 April  2018, 08:01 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 26 April  2018, 06:16 AM

Good job it hasn't got an ashtray then Andy, else you'd be looking to trade it in for a new model  :happy1:

Well done on attaining that sort of mileage, shows how bullet proof the 14 really is, at some stage, given you've had yours from such a low mileage, it would be interesting to see what items (apart from normal service items) have worn out and when.

Off the top of my head Barmy -

I'v had my K2 since 7,452miles (sad I remember mileage before the test ride isn't it? It didn't move again till I got it) Oil n filter every 4k miles just for info

TPS about 45k
Oil cooler about 50k
Chain n sprockets inc sprocket carrier bearing every 30-35k
Oil cooler pipes about 90k
Replaced stator as it burnt out about 90k
Battery about 100k
Rechromed forks about 100k
High pressure filter at 50k & 100k
Saddle replaced about 50k as spilt & foam had rotted
Saddle recovered about 114k
Fourth set of steering bearings fitted about 100k, now on rollers rather than balls
Oh & finally on my second givi rack as they are made of cheese & rot away

Useless fact, the left hand bulb in the back light is still original.

T 24

120 000 km today.
57 000 km mine.
27 000 km with turbo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk