GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

high milers club

Started by saggy0000, Monday, 26 June 2017, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

No idea of mileage on mine.
Came crashed with smashed clocks.

Last owner and I both put in serious mileage, but both kept on top of its services.
Its got a noisy 3rd gear and has needed a camchain and a few other bits.
I suspect its got a few miles under its belt.

black14

Forgot to mention also front/rear wheel and sprocket carrier bearings and 4 pot caliper swap (mine from a GSXR600) - this latter definitely a mod I'd recommend - work better (in my view) and way cheaper to rebuild (my 4 pots didn't need a rebuild - just bolt on and away you go).
Only other issues have been the seat lock - the left hand spring in the retainer rusted away in about 45k kms and once the rivets were drilled out replaced with a spring from a biro - all good since - and the centre stand rubbers - replaced with rubber bungs from the hardware store and pan head bolts - all good too!
For me a good trick is to put a radiator cap spring over the seat latch - then when you unlock the seat it pops up and can be easily grabbed with your one free hand - rather than needing one hand to turn the key and another to lift the seat off the latch (usually there's something in the other hand that you want to put under the seat!).
Looking forward to the next 100k kms!!!
:salute:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

owen426

Great tip about the seat, was only thinking the other day how to solve those. Love simple solutions  :onya:
Always remember, safety third.

saggy0000

black 14? shaun the sheep?? whos got the highest miles?? mines done 40 miles this year,tropy waiting for the winner

Buddynq

Great stuff Black14. 110000 for me - Also used as a commuter and fun on weekends.
My garage floor will never rust

grog

used to be a bloke on old forum. cant remember any details. lived out west of brisbane. his motor destroyed itself at 312 th ks. no idea what happened, vague memory cam chain went wrong.maybe hes on here, hopefully reply.

Hooli

Quote from: saggy0000 on Tuesday, 05 December  2017, 07:38 AM
black 14? shaun the sheep?? whos got the highest miles?? mines done 40 miles this year,tropy waiting for the winner
Last I heard Shaun t'sheep was on 118k.

black14

"used to be a bloke on old forum. cant remember any details. lived out west of brisbane. his motor destroyed itself at 312 th ks. no idea what happened, vague memory cam chain went wrong"

Hope that person is on here still - maybe I should change out the cam chain anyway - although no sign of any issues with that yet. Might pull tensioner out and put back in to make sure tension is good over Xmas break.

Anyway, 312k kms - plenty of time yet!!!
:lol:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Sean T'sheep

Recently sold my K3 with 118,000 mls on her, still going well

Hooli

Sold it? It were only just run in lad!

Sean T'sheep

I've gone for a mere 55k mls K5

Hooli

Now you've got to do all that again to run it in!

saggy0000

SO,HIGH MILERS ,WHOS WINNING NOW??

Speedy1959

The guy on the right in the photo looks like Ray Mears !!

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Wednesday, 13 December  2017, 06:41 PM
The guy on the right in the photo looks like Ray Mears !!
You mean Ray Mears looks like Shaun't'Sheep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk