Started by gsxbarmy, Sunday, 05 February 2017, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

See what you done now Notty?   Barmy is gonna throw the book at us!  :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 04 July  2018, 08:03 AM
See what you done now Notty?   Barmy is gonna throw the book at us!  :happy1:
best  only fit the one seal and not do the mod then Col?  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

KiwiCol

You'll give it to Froudy to do won't ya?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 04 July  2018, 04:33 PM
You'll give it to Froudy to do won't ya?

Why have a dog and bark yourself  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

stainless rod, seems a good idea. never seen mentioned ever b4. keep us informed.

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 04 July  2018, 04:18 AM
I'm not replying directly to that, else Barmy will have me!  But you're right, probably very messy & one for the RSPCA?   :lol:

something something Welshman said to an Eskimo something something but you shag sheep!

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 04 July  2018, 09:08 PM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Wednesday, 04 July  2018, 04:18 AM
I'm not replying directly to that, else Barmy will have me!  But you're right, probably very messy & one for the RSPCA?   :lol:

something something Welshman said to an Eskimo something something but you shag sheep!

:redcard:  :lol:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SheepDog

Completed this the other day without any problems. I have found changing through the gears (1 to 6) smoother and quieter. The initial neutral to first is always a dandy regardless. Just Suzuki.
I had previously stripped clean the clutch and rod and replaced fluids.
Also running Syn-X 3000 oil which is semi synthetic which really helps.
Overall I can feel the difference and hoping my fluid stays a little clearer.  :onya:
Anyway, the dust seal can't hurt it.

Tally

I have just ordered the clutch seal upgrade for my bike as I'm changing the fluid this weekend and I will clean up the pushrod as par for the course. My question is does the rod just pull out when the fluid has been drained, and pushes back in before you refill the system, or is there any special technique I don't know about.????? :confused1:

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Tally on Thursday, 24 September  2020, 11:17 PM
I have just ordered the clutch seal upgrade for my bike as I'm changing the fluid this weekend and I will clean up the pushrod as par for the course. My question is does the rod just pull out when the fluid has been drained, and pushes back in before you refill the system, or is there any special technique I don't know about.????? :confused1:

Yep, rod just slides out, just be careful not to get crud inside behind the engine seal, as it's a PITA to change out (read engine strip).  The Hyabusa slave dust seal retrofit is a great mod and keeps it nice and clean.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk