clutch cut out switch

Started by spizzoil, Tuesday, 06 March 2018, 06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 06 March  2018, 09:33 PM
Interesting clip Andre. I read somewhere that if clutch switch is not closed for a certain amount of time, long run in 6th gear, ecu then reduces injector time for optimum fuel economy. I think that could be true, mine uses lots less on a big long run.

I don't know if that's true but it makes sense and our bikes seam to do a similar thing sitting at motorway speeds for long distances they seam to get better fuel economy.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Andre

I don't know about ecu counting the time since last clutch pull.

Here are some of the reasons I do know why we use less fuel on long cruising rides compared to short runs.

More fuel used below certain rpm for as long as you have the clutch pulled. That adds up  waiting in 1st gear on the light or in stop & go.

Low oil temp increases injector time. Takes a while to get up to operating temps, in the cold we hardly even get there  :sad:

Starting signal causes longer injector time.

Acceleration signal (throttle) increases injector time.  On a long cruise we are less likely to let it rip.

spizzoil

thanks all for info thought I may be able to ride with it disconnected but seem you cant but still roadside fix to get it started and put it back on .

Andre

Yes, bypassing it lets you get home but do not hit the starter button unless clutch is pulled or the bike is in neutral!!!

If you need a new one, BrooksBarn has an aftermarket for £11.67 including postage in their ebay shop:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSF-1250-SA-Bandit-ABS-2007-Clutch-Cut-Out-Switch-JMP/331675113187?epid=1053383721&hash=item4d396096e3:g:g1gAAOSw-31ahRK9#shpCntId

Checks out in the compatibility section.

spizzoil

thanks one on order just glad it was a simple one to fix

Hooli

My bike runs like crap with this switch bypassed. It drinks like a fish, coughs & generally gives an impression of a buggered engine.

black14

I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

Hooli

Quote from: black14 on Sunday, 11 March  2018, 10:02 AM
See here for more info on this guys: http://wotid.com/gsxr/content/view/34/48/

Years ago I found something saying that the bike got rich & a different map for starting, I never found another reference to it. Thanks for finally proving I'd not imagined it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk