Started by sam61, Sunday, 02 April 2023, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam61

20230402_122058.jpg20230402_122247.jpg 
Thats why i always ride alone

T250

Sam, that's a K2 paint scheme...

sam61

Quote from: T250 on Sunday, 02 April  2023, 11:03 PMSam, that's a K2 paint scheme...

I know it is . 03 plate Its a cat N in 2017 so could be a new tank but as its scrapped where it was dropped it could be a leftover 2002 maybe?  :clapping:

Hooli

Aye looks K3 to me, with the wrong tank.

Matt side panels, K2 had gloss.
No cut out on the slivery covers on the end of the fuel rail, those will be plastic. K2 were monkey metal & had a semi-circular cut out for the end of the fuel rail.
Bet you've got a hazard light switch, not a light switch too.

/Anorak off

Dwain Dibley

Anorak off ???  Or just unzipped slightly.   :coffeescreen:

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

Hooli

I didn't even mention the K2 had ball bearings for the steering stem & K3 onwards have roller bearings either. Although you can retrofit the rollers that last a lot longer to a K2.

sam61

You forgot the colour of the grabrail should be white?

Hooli

Meh, people can paint bits the wrong colour on any year of bike  :stir:

gsxbarmy

Also rear hangers were polished as standard on the K2's, they got the matt aluminium K3 onwards.

It should be noted though that the K2/K3 switch over was a little hazy as the changes they made were effected according to what was in the parts bin - so at the point of swap over there were a few months where some K2's had what we see as K3 parts fitted, purely because the supply of those K2 parts - possibly the side panels and rear hangers  for the K2 - had all been utilised, so they fitted K3 parts instead. And in fact some very early K3's did have K2 tanks fitted.

I suppose the deciding factor will be whether there is a hazard light switch on the RH switch gear. If so its K3, if not its a K2 (as the hazard light switch was fitted as standard to all K3's)

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

sam61

Good description . Yep got a hazard switch k2 or k3 lets just hope it is parts bin and not fit for the bin then . Not got the parts yet so will have to give it a couple more days to get them. I will call my mechanic and book it in also get a small mortgage ready to pay for it  :whatever:  :cry2:

sam61

Ok guys decided to give bike to my mechanic to sort out as i cba with getting hands dirty anymore( just means wife has to do one extra shift to pay for it  :rofl2: )
All parts on the way so hopefully be back on the road next week. Woohoo
Mind you it did ride well when taking it there felt better than the bandit and as comfy as the vstrom no pings or pangs so hopefully be good to go.
Roll on  :boogie:

grog

:cruisin: Only one person needs to be happy with it.

Dwain Dibley

Can't  wait to see it when it comes back.

D.D.

sam61

Popped in to see my mechhanic today and thought i would check rear shock adjusters cant turn dials on right side so thats an9tyer 360 squid on hew ones  :clapping:  :clapping:  :boogie2:  :frustrated:  :frustrated:

Dwain Dibley

This could save you money my old potato.

D.D.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk