News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Andys 14 turbo/ nitrous injection

Started by AndyB, Wednesday, 17 March 2021, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyB

Bikes , beer , blondes ........& Bacon🤣😎

AndyB

Check out YOUTUBE

Search GSX1400 TURBO

should pop up under the title - Andy GSX1400 TURBO  First start up

grog

I found it. Still cant believe you did all that in 10 hrs, amazing. Ive spent that on bloody centrestand this week. You have unreal bike, ill chuck the f....ing stand in bin.

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

AndyB

Cheers fellas,
I could of done with a hand at least at one point, I wont lie,that was offering up the complete turbo just to see if the headers where a correct fit & it popped straight in...didn't even have the bolts out of the bag and the turbo was resting on my thigh..had to stretch for the bag and the fucking thing fell out of the ports....took me another hour to get it back in by myself ,just with the weight of it and the flanges flapping around...two people could do that in 10 minutes....it is what it is, at the end of the day...your only here once..🤣🤣🤣

jimbob43

Thinking of getting one of these kits, I've had a turbo in past, but was on carbs, complete pain in the ass, what was the lead time from ordering it, like you I work offshore, so can be difficult for timing stuff, had a good mooch around the proboost site, but haven't contacted them, having a frame built for a 14, so need to wait on that, to see if a proboost plenum will fit the new frame

AndyB

Hiya mate...I wouldnt know if the plenum would fit your gia frame..but your more than welcome to measure any of the bits off mine...I'm offshore till the 19th may..on the beach for 3 wks after that....if that's any good for you..your only up the road from me..
Turn around time.......was told 2 wks to make,but turned into 3wks
Then just over 2 wks in Finnish customs..and a wk in the UK....so 6 wks and a couple of days...but all that's up in the air with Brexit and covid...could be more could be less

jimbob43

Cheers mate, will take you up on the offer of measuring the plenum, be a while though, GIA only starting the frame end off May, so be another couple month after that before I get the frame, wouldn't mind a look of the headers too, no down tubes on the ally frame, so wondering how that set up looks.

AndyB

Is this shot any good to you

AndyB

jimbob43

Cheers mate, that's the shot lol, looking at the angle of the two inner headers, it doesn't look like they could be shortened, but it all looks fairly tight to the engine, just with my frame having no down tubes, was worried incase it would sit too far out,

jimbob43

my 1216 one aint far off being done, more excited about getting stuck into the 14 though

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

That's one hellva bike you've built there Jimbob, stunning!   :onya: :clapping: :drool:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

I agree, superb, got that real top quality look. Not colours id choose but thats what its all about, your bike. 👍👏

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk