GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

New computer monitor. 34" UHD curved
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Umm, to watch what's going on, on my computer?
Reading forums without a monitor is... challenging  :grin:

I just wanting something a little bigger, a little more modern, and a little faster refresh rate for occasional gaming.
Curved? Well never had one so I thought I'd give it a try.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Irish in Oz

@VladTepes
It should look good against your curved wall, just don't put it beside the one you built  ;)

grog

Vlad, thats bigger than my back room tv. When tennis and NRL clash, guess which i get to use.

Hooli

I popped up to Richmond & visited the Alt-Berg company shop. I now have handmade properly waterproof decent bike boots for less than most of the gash shite in bike shops.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots/c/dual-use11/p/hogg-all-weather-original

As I'm too lazy to take a pic.

Tally

@Hooli, that is a nice boot, a bit like mine which is a desert boot.see pic

Hooli

My last boots were RST Paragon 2, as recommended in RIDE mag - bloody shite, I had to glue the insoles in as they walked up over my feet in minutes from new. Then after 3 months the tops have split & fallen apart so they are as waterproof as sandals. Plus they were never 100% waterproof from new, the vents guide water in to make your heel wet.

VladTepes

On the black Friday w/end I bought a metric shit-ton of computer parts to build a new system with.
Hopefully I can tax deduct it though.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Mick_J

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 05 December  2019, 01:49 AM
I popped up to Richmond & visited the Alt-Berg company shop. I now have handmade properly waterproof decent bike boots for less than most of the gash shite in bike shops.

https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots/c/dual-use11/p/hogg-all-weather-original

As I'm too lazy to take a pic.

I have had two pairs of Altbergs, bought my Hoggs in 1999 and a pair of Bandogs in 2005 brilliant boots my wife has two pairs of Hoggs, one low and one high, she loves them.  Good choice Hooli  :onya:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Nice boots Hooli, pity we cant get them. I would only buy fitted as you did. Ive seen a lot of so called bike boots, either cant walk in them or fall to pieces.

Kiwifruit

l have some Gaerne boots and before buying them l flexed the soles of another brand and pulled half the sole off. Plenty of rubbish out there.
They look good Hooli.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Cheers guys, I'm using them later so I'll see how they feel to ride.

Odd I suspect to start with as they are much less flexible than my old boots, but that'll stop my feet cramping on long rides so it's one of the things I wanted.

Notty

Schuberth C4 Matt Black  - built in speakers, mike and antenna for  £230  :)
bad news is the comms kit is £180  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Well I took my boots for a little test ride, I went out about 2pm & got in about 9:30pm. Damned comfy & warm, only thing is the thicker soles took a bit of getting used to when changing gear & my 14 now feels really small as my legs are more bent due to the thicker soles.

Verdict, damned good buy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk