19 tooth front sprocket

Started by Nellywelly, Tuesday, 18 June 2019, 04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

@grog  No idea what you are doing wrong, if any. Got cookies and java script enabled? Did you Right-click and translate to English? Might help if you post a screenshot from where you get stuck.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Nellywelly on Wednesday, 19 June  2019, 05:44 AM
I run with 19/41 it works with standard chain length. I also have a 190/55 rear tyre. (I just like the way it rides with 55 profile.)
I find in full touring setup (top box, panniers, tank bag and 2 up) it still pulls like a train.
Cruising is much nicer too. Not looking for that non existent extra gear. And it still pulls well in top gear. I have a T,R,E, fitted to. That makes a difference to through the lower gears.

Thanks, I'm up for new tyres, and I suspect new sprockets and chain (40,000km on the bike and I've not changed them since I've owned it from 30000km, I will prob follow the 190/55 rear tyre and 19/41 sprocket route
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

erbas

Supplier can be contacted in english language AS they confirmed to me. Info(at)kettenmax.de
14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

Nellywelly

I've ordered 2x 19t front sprockets from them this week. 1st time I tried it didn't work properly, it wouldn't process payment.
2nd time it went through no problem.
I did notice afterwards the 1st time I tried postage had not been added. I don't know if that could be the problem.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 19 June  2019, 07:06 PM
I tried the German site to order, just not working. What am i doing wrong? I dont understand German, translator not helping. Anyone else bought a 19t front.

Try opening it using Google Chrome grog, just tried it and it comes up straight away in English
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Thanks blokes. Chrome makes it easy, good shop, lots of stuff. I just found 19t Esjot in Australia. Metal Gear in Brisbane for $22. Also a good shop.

SheepDog

I just saw this also.
Brendale, not far, race you there!  :onya:

froudy

I've been after a 19T front sprocket for ages now without success.. I'll be sorting this when I get home from Cornwall next weekend :onya:

For those that are interested I use this site to work out custom gearing changes..

https://www.gearingcommander.com/

The first shot is with standard gearing and the second is with a 19T front sprocket.
In theory a 19T front should raise top speed in 6th gear at 6800 rpm from 144.1mph to 152.1mph. A gain of 8mph if top speed is your thing :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

seth

Apart from the top speed gains that most can't use anyway .this should improve fuel economy a bit as it will reduce the revs at cruising speeds.
The bike will feel sluggish low down but as I noticed when I went from the 17 tooth front to std 18 it felt sluggish but soon for used to it .
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the bike with the 19tooth front sprocket to see clearances ECT.

:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Snapey

Quote from: seth on Friday, 21 June  2019, 09:49 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the bike with the 19tooth front sprocket to see clearances ECT.

There you go Seth
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

froudy

Thanks for the pic @Snapey .
It looks like there is plenty of clearance. When you go up a tooth on the Bandit you have to shave a bit off the sprocket cover otherwise it jams the sprocket!

I've just ordered two of them :onya:

seth

Thanks
@Snapey very useful
As said plenty of clearance there . :onya:
I look forward to your thoughts @froudy when you change to the bigger sprocket.  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

gsxbarmy

Quote from: froudy on Friday, 21 June  2019, 09:30 PM
I've been after a 19T front sprocket for ages now without success.. I'll be sorting this when I get home from Cornwall next weekend :onya:

For those that are interested I use this site to work out custom gearing changes..

https://www.gearingcommander.com/

The first shot is with standard gearing and the second is with a 19T front sprocket.
In theory a 19T front should raise top speed in 6th gear at 6800 rpm from 144.1mph to 152.1mph. A gain of 8mph if top speed is your thing :onya:

Should use the spreadsheet on here Steve, feeds the variables in for the 14

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=362.0
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

froudy

Quote from: seth on Friday, 21 June  2019, 10:31 PM
Thanks
@Snapey very useful
As said plenty of clearance there . :onya:
I look forward to your thoughts @froudy when you change to the bigger sprocket.  :cheers:

I went up a tooth on the front on both my Bandit 600's. No noticeable lack of acceleration and made it a far nicer ride..A bit faster too on top end.

I'll report back once I fit mine. If I don't like it then there will be 2x19T front sprockets for sale :onya:

SheepDog

Snapey, the same as me. See attached photo to compare sprockets. Something interesting, odd sprocket weighed 355g new weighs 423g. Looks like I'm going on a diet.

Froudy, I used gearcommander.com as well and interestingly I have 180/55 tyres to use in comparison to sprocket teeth number. All in all, looking to smooth out my necessary gear changing lengths, tha's all.  :onya:

Downside is my 'Speed Sensor Rotor' and hex bolt refused to come off. Murphy's Law. Destroyed the sensor rotor but eventually got the sucker off. Seems the previous drongo may have put this bolt on at 115 Nm and the spindle nut behind on at 20 Nm (spindle nut basic fell off with little effect).
So $22 for the sprocket, $25 now for a new speed sensor rotor, a new 6mm hex bolt to attach it, and a few pennies in the swear jar.  :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk