News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

Picked up parts from the Vapour Blaster.

Hooli

KiwiCol

Look fantastic, that'd put a smile on yer dial.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

I'm very happy, was done by a mate of mine now retired does it from his garage. He's not hard to pay, 100 quid for a complete twin cylinder Honda 250 engine. I was thinking of making a unit up myself but now I won't bother at that price.

grog

Great result Irish. 👍Bloke across from work has similar business, would be so handy to use. Problem is, hes such an arsehole i wont go near him. Most unfriendly person ive met.

steve porter

Fitted new rear road 5, got 20k out of the last one,new metal gear rear disc and new pads and oil and filter change

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfx5wICpHWM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yetiman

Hooli

I'VE FIXED MY C28!

I took the throttle bodies apart again today & went though everything I did last time again. Then realised the one thing I didn't do last time was undo the screw where the flylead fits to the STVA. Inside there, there are two pronged connectors from the lead & two female connections from the motor.

They looked a bit messy so I washed them with an old toothbrush & switch cleaner, and smeared them with electrical grease to keep damp etc out. As there's no way in to tighten the female half of the connection, I twisted the male prongs slightly to ensure a good contact & could feel it drag slightly as I put it back together which is always a good sign.

Rebuilt the bike from there & it's sweet as a nut again. I'd pulled the fast idle mech off as it was sticky as well, so once back from the test run I had to tweak the screw the manual says NEVER adjust because I'd taken it out to get the fast idle stuff apart. I'd got it set so even when the engine was warm the fast idle was holding the revs up a bit, quick fix though so no bother.

I think you'd be able to get the connector I found at fault without stripping the throttle bodies off, as it's right at the bottom of the STVA & only a single screw holding it.

Have a pic of the connector that caused all my hassles lately.

KiwiCol

Well done Hooli, you're a persistent bugger aren't ya!  Ya got it in the end.   :clapping: :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

I can't be doing with broken bikes when I know there's nothing really wrong with it Col, bloody annoying how long it took to find though.

steve porter

Quote from: steve porter on Saturday, 09 July  2022, 07:21 PM
Fitted new rear road 5, got 20k out of the last one,new metal gear rear disc and new pads and oil and filter change

Update on the Metalgear rear disc, just like with the front discs changed from the originals  , now feels like it has a power booster comparatively with the same pads, the Metalgear material has much more friction and I'm sure other aftermarket ones would be similar to them with a whole lot better feel than stock

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 17 July  2022, 04:09 AM
I'VE FIXED MY C28!

I took the throttle bodies apart again today & went though everything I did last time again. Then realised the one thing I didn't do last time was undo the screw where the flylead fits to the STVA. Inside there, there are two pronged connectors from the lead & two female connections from the motor.

They looked a bit messy so I washed them with an old toothbrush & switch cleaner, and smeared them with electrical grease to keep damp etc out. As there's no way in to tighten the female half of the connection, I twisted the male prongs slightly to ensure a good contact & could feel it drag slightly as I put it back together which is always a good sign.

Rebuilt the bike from there & it's sweet as a nut again. I'd pulled the fast idle mech off as it was sticky as well, so once back from the test run I had to tweak the screw the manual says NEVER adjust because I'd taken it out to get the fast idle stuff apart. I'd got it set so even when the engine was warm the fast idle was holding the revs up a bit, quick fix though so no bother.

I think you'd be able to get the connector I found at fault without stripping the throttle bodies off, as it's right at the bottom of the STVA & only a single screw holding it.

Have a pic of the connector that caused all my hassles lately.
Awesome mate, bloody good job.  I will check the same connector on mine today.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: steve porter on Sunday, 17 July  2022, 09:29 AM
Quote from: steve porter on Saturday, 09 July  2022, 07:21 PM

Update on the Metalgear rear disc, just like with the front discs changed from the originals  , now feels like it has a power booster comparatively with the same pads, the Metalgear material has much more friction and I'm sure other aftermarket ones would be similar to them with a whole lot better feel than stock
+1 on metal gear discs, got them both front and back. Great stopping power
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

seth

Tonight swopped both wheels(new tyres on them ), fitted a chain and sprocket kit and sprocket carrier bearing .
That's both bikes fully serviced (including teabags cleaned)and ready for Europe  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk