Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Steve, my bike wears out front at least 5 th k before rear. Not sure ive had that on other bikes.

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 05:04 PM
Steve, my bike wears out front at least 5 th k before rear. Not sure ive had that on other bikes.

A first for me as well, was always 2 rears to 1 front back in the day

grog

Was thinking more roundabouts but doubt it. Fronts are single compound rubber, rears dual, reckon thats why. Thats Michellin n Pirelli, dont know about others. I got 24 th out of last rear Angel, 10 more than ever b4 on anything else. Amazing.

grog

Hooli, Mick Hone Suzuki have tps for $125/£66. Gotta be lots cheaper inc post. £82 works out.

Mick_J

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 06:06 PM
Hooli, Mick Hone Suzuki have tps for $125/£66. Gotta be lots cheaper inc post. £82 works out.

Thanks Grog, that's what I paid in Bristol.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Cheers chaps, cheapest I'd found them online was £109. Who'd you get yours from @mjgt

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 05:46 PM
Was thinking more roundabouts but doubt it. Fronts are single compound rubber, rears dual, reckon thats why. Thats Michellin n Pirelli, dont know about others. I got 24 th out of last rear Angel, 10 more than ever b4 on anything else. Amazing.
I was told the centre tread on dual is same shore as single compound, the softer is on the sides.

Hooli

I thought most were tricompound these days? I know the PR4GT that fell apart on me was.

Hooli

I took my 14 out for more testing today. It seems to be at least halfway back to normal on MPGs, which is a hell of a lot better than it's been for ages. It was also utterly smooth all day without even a stutter or cough, so seems to be improving with use. Maybe I don't ride it enough?

Some dickhead in a Micra that didn't know how to use his mirrors when overtaking got in my way at one point so got passed soon afterwards. He tend appeared to want to race, which amused me as I'm sure he'd got a smaller engine than our bikes. Never the less it meant I got to test that the FI light doesn't appear after several miles doing the ton, which is a damn good sign as it had done for ages while hunting the running problem down.

Then on the way home I stopped to take some pics that'll make @gsxbarmy  twitch because I'd got several zeros on the clock again. To let the upsidedowners know how filthy our roads are currently, my bike & plate were clean on the 11th when it passed it's MOT with just 162,369miles on it.

I'd forgotten how much at home I feel on this bike, it really is like a comfy old pair of slippers. I don't think I could ever be without it, so it's a good job I don't appear to be able to wear it out.

Will14

Gave mine a good bath this afternoon to get rid of the crap collected off the roads yesterday, I have also fitted the modified standard cans which I did a couple of months ago, standard look but with much more of a growl from the 52mm outlets :boogie2:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 24 January  2022, 04:32 AM
I took my 14 out for more testing today. It seems to be at least halfway back to normal on MPGs, which is a hell of a lot better than it's been for ages. It was also utterly smooth all day without even a stutter or cough, so seems to be improving with use. Maybe I don't ride it enough?

Some dickhead in a Micra that didn't know how to use his mirrors when overtaking got in my way at one point so got passed soon afterwards. He tend appeared to want to race, which amused me as I'm sure he'd got a smaller engine than our bikes. Never the less it meant I got to test that the FI light doesn't appear after several miles doing the ton, which is a damn good sign as it had done for ages while hunting the running problem down.

Then on the way home I stopped to take some pics that'll make @gsxbarmy  twitch because I'd got several zeros on the clock again. To let the upsidedowners know how filthy our roads are currently, my bike & plate were clean on the 11th when it passed it's MOT with just 162,369miles on it.

I'd forgotten how much at home I feel on this bike, it really is like a comfy old pair of slippers. I don't think I could ever be without it, so it's a good job I don't appear to be able to wear it out.

Got to be impressed with that mileage @Hooli , still remember when we first met and you hadn't had her very long. Well done buddy.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 07:43 PM
I thought most were tricompound these days? I know the PR4GT that fell apart on me was.

Obviously you don't use the softest compound enough.

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 24 January  2022, 08:37 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 24 January  2022, 04:32 AM

Got to be impressed with that mileage @Hooli , still remember when we first met and you hadn't had her very long. Well done buddy.

Box Hill meet wasn't it? I think you were the first Orgster I meet at a motorway see vices on the way. It was the second weekend I'd owned her from memory, the first weekend she'd been to Whitshire and back, start as you mean to go on and all that.

I've got pics from then still, but not on my phone.

Hooli

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Monday, 24 January  2022, 08:40 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 07:43 PM

Obviously you don't use the softest compound enough.

I was that day.

The medium strip on the back right side delaminated so as I lent into bends it felt like a flat tyre, but then leaning further it felt ok again once on the soft bit. It was rather disconcerting as I was riding 'route decla Grande alps' at the time.

Tally

Gave my bike its first run out since last October, I was gonna do it yesterday but the battery needed a light charge as I took it off over nov/ Dec to protect it from the cold as the bike has to live outside. Started with some preliminary checks, tyres at correct pressure, electrics all worked, brake lights ok,so on and so on. She started straight off the button and I had a little 30 mile trip around my local area. I will give her a bath at weekend as the roads are a bit crappy at the mo. On the suspension side of things I will have to get that sorted as bumps and holes rattle my teeth other than that all is good. It was nice to get out even if it was just for an hour. :onya: :onya: :riding:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk