News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

@Masterbates, I got the headlamp from e-bay, it's designed for a Land Rover defender or jeep,the only criticism I have of it is that the outer led ring has failed due to vibration.

Tally

@ masterbates if you look under the current thread (led taillight you will see my h/lmp working).

ARH

Checked and cleaned the teabag filter... simple job given the detailed instructions on here... but I think that's the first time it's been looked at in 17years! 🤣
Wasn't too bad tho and cleaned up just fine... pic before cleaning..

Tony Nitrous

Tony Nitrous

Its starting to look like Steptoe's yard around here....

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 02 June  2019, 06:50 AM
Have you tamed that green thing yet?

First service done at 1000k. Run in now.
Turning up the pace.
Only showed 36 and 38 degree lean on yesterday's ride, but braking much later into corners and powering much harder out of them.

Set up the shift light, antiwheelie, traction control, launch control and quick shifter. Now it takes off real hard, no wheelie, no wheel spin, just hovers the front wheel and go's up through the gears clutch free, full throttle with a supercharger "chirp" on each shift.
A couple of clicks and I can turn it all back off, hi-tech or wild is a click apart.

Comfort isn't bad, sporty position but I'm not desperate to go the high bar options.

S21 tyres are good. Might try the new S22's when I kill these.

I know of 3 people currently watching used H2 and SX prices to build a naked one. A Streetfightered or factory naked H2 or SX is definitely on my wish list.

Didn't get it derestricted at the first service. It needs doing but there are limited options at the moment. The Vandemon pipe is $3000 on its own before expensive fitting, dyno time, remapping etc, so currently suffering only having 175 / 180hp. Mates have been dyno'd at 235+ and 245+ horsepower, but there are now supercharger gear and intercooler options coming onto the market. Brock had 240 out of one without opening the motor.

I'm using the cruise control a lot. I never thought it would be so useful or addictive. Great to sit up, relax and hold a constant speed without adjusting and watching the dash.

Anywhere near the speed limit in high gears the dash shows next to no boost. It only has a 19ltr tank but it does great mpg until you get heavy on the throttle and the boost go's up.

No spanner in the tool kit to adjust the chain, big 60-something mm C spanner needed, but I'm told there are Ducati or others that use the same size. For the price a cheap stamped steel spanner really should be included.

Is it worth the money, not sure. Not to everyone.
Am I glad I bought it, yes. It's the best I have ever owned.
I love it and every ride gets better.
I can't think of another bikes that does everything it does, it makes my other choice, a new Busa seem very basic and dated, which, although it has other merits, it is in comparison.

Tony Nitrous

KiwiCol

Love the write up & update on how it's going.   :onya: :boogie:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 02 June  2019, 06:29 PM
Glad you like it Tony. Got what you wanted.

I still want a naked H2 or H2 SX, I think it's make a great upright naked bike / Streetfighter. I know a couple of folk after a donor bike to build one, and Ben at Extreme Creations is keen too. Price is a bit salty for me to be chopping one up just yet.

I've been looking at Gen-2 Hayabusa's but I might hold off for a while.

erbas

Quote from: erbas on Friday, 17 May  2019, 05:32 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 17 May  2019, 02:58 AM
Yes, that's normal, chain oil & road grit stuck to the clutch pushrod. Pull it out, clean it up, bit of lube / light grease & she'll be good as gold.   Whilst you're in there, may as well add the busa seal to the slave, the same gunk gets in there too. Easy job.  New fluid would also be next thing, also easy job, then clutch is sorted & good as new, well, actually better, as you've added another seal to it.
I think the pushrod is just dead. One of the cheaper things to be replaced

Found and fixed at the other end :-)

14K3, RP02,PC43, 2J4, SC54, W201, W124

GSXKING

Naked and Blown that will stretch your arms Tony  :lol: :happy1: :happy1:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

Quote from: erbas on Sunday, 02 June  2019, 08:48 PM
Quote from: erbas on Friday, 17 May  2019, 05:32 AM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 17 May  2019, 02:58 AM
Yes, that's normal, chain oil & road grit stuck to the clutch pushrod. Pull it out, clean it up, bit of lube / light grease & she'll be good as gold.   Whilst you're in there, may as well add the busa seal to the slave, the same gunk gets in there too. Easy job.  New fluid would also be next thing, also easy job, then clutch is sorted & good as new, well, actually better, as you've added another seal to it.
I think the pushrod is just dead. One of the cheaper things to be replaced

Found and fixed at the other end :-)

Sure you will find more things that need "attention" :cheers:

GSX1400Convert

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 02 June  2019, 06:50 AM
Have you tamed that green thing yet?

Here's a pic of me, with the non road going green framed one.
This was on the Kawasaki Robot stand at an exhibition in Germany a couple of years ago. I wanted to take it home with me.

The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk