Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy1959

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 15 March  2018, 08:30 AM
Did the tank mod so now fills faster.

Talked to the bike and told it i will clean it at the weekend !!

Nice one Kiwi..
You wont regret it.
I never have!

Basil Brush

Quote from: Basil Brush on Thursday, 15 March  2018, 12:34 AM
Fitted a pair of Delkevic stainless tri-oval cans. If I had a quid for every time I had to stand up walk backwards to check they both matched - I reckon I'd have over 100 quid... :furious:

Look great though. Quality kit. Goes with new Delkevic collector.

Whilst on a roll. Stripped and cleaned rear calliper and fitted new stainless bleed nipples. And royally skinned my knuckle in the process. Bleed nipple too tight - spanner slipped. Only noticed when I saw Latex glove full of blood. Bollocks. Gone down to the bone. Double bollocks. Stopped whilst I was on a roll... :doh:

Finger turned a funny colour of black and blue. And as it's the index finger - absolute pain in the arse. When it comes to number two's... :devil:
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Mister Fishfinger

Cleaned out the tea bag today. It was a bit scummy but paint thinners and compressed air did the trick.

Also changed the high pressure fuel hose, so the shed doesn't stink of petrol any more.

northern

Put a top coat on engine cover bolts, clear coat on some other parts, and left them to cure for 1.5 weeks (going skiing).
Not sure, what will be with those engine bolts next year, but now they look definitely much better then before  :cheesy:

Mister Fishfinger

Re-greased the steering head bearings while the front end was apart. I have to say, Suzuki didn't exactly put a lot of grease in there back in the day. You can just about see it if you look carefully.

Hooli

That's why on every 14 I've taken the apart the bottom steering bearings were rusty as hell. Funny how that doesn't happen with the ones I've fitted & greased properly.

Mister Fishfinger

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 20 March  2018, 08:09 AM
That's why on every 14 I've taken the apart the bottom steering bearings were rusty as hell. Funny how that doesn't happen with the ones I've fitted & greased properly.

My bearings aren't rusty, but there's an alarming amount of rust lurking around the front of the frame. I have rubbed it down and repainted it as best I can, but I just know my fussy streak is going to kick in next winter and I'll be getting the frame powder coated.

Mick_J

Changed my coils over to a spare set to see if I cant cure my poor running when hot.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Del

pushed it outside so it could see the sun for the 1st time in several months - didnt ride it today was -5 here in Glasgow at going to work time . . . . . . hands are too sore for that stoopidness these days
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Notty

reversed the bike out of the garage to check the if the Tortoises were awake - No - so started the bike (first time) and rode it back into the garage - too much fun for a cold day !! Oh the Tortoises hibernate in the garage rafters and so I didn't want anything dropping on the bike as the young tortoise did escape from his box last year and fell the 7 foot or so the the garage floor - thankfully missing the bike but cost £120 in the vets to glue his shell back.... :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Fitted an Oxford Analogue Waterproof Clock - very impressed with the bracket supplied and the clock itself (whilst the Triumph has a clock, I much prefer an analogue I can glance at when riding).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Essential-Motorcycle-Motorbike-ATV-Clock-Black-Scooter-Water-Resistant/252750505754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

KiwiCol

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 07:48 AM
reversed the bike out of the garage to check the if the Tortoises were awake - No - so started the bike (first time) and rode it back into the garage - too much fun for a cold day !! Oh the Tortoises hibernate in the garage rafters and so I didn't want anything dropping on the bike as the young tortoise did escape from his box last year and fell the 7 foot or so the the garage floor - thankfully missing the bike but cost £120 in the vets to glue his shell back.... :)
Never heard of anyone keeping Tortoises on their garage rafters, just shows, ya learn something everyday.  :onya:

You've not got Geese in your basement have you Notty?   Just wondering  :stir:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 09:25 AM
Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 07:48 AM
Never heard of anyone keeping Tortoises on their garage rafters, just shows, ya learn something everyday.  :onya:

i agree Col, you could say, he just Tortoise something new there.  :grin:

KiwiCol

That's very sharp of you Sweaty,  Good man.

It's a wonder the Tortoise & the B/W analogy grouping hasn't started - Red must be still asleep or at work.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Funny subject, trying to imagine tortoise on rafters, Then along comes Sweaty, nearly choked on my lunch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk