News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Buddynq

Quote from: Buddynq on Thursday, 19 April  2018, 09:01 PM
T-Boned an Indian UBER driver that pulled out in front of me today.
Thankfully stayed upright and impact (I think) twisted forks in brackets so hopefully they straighten by loosening bolts. Still rideable so taking to doctor for assessment
Update

My insurance blames Uber mate so getting new inner fork tubes and no excess to pay
Yay
In the mean time I am riding the Mrs's MT07. A light zippy little machine with no suspension adjustment but still fun on the twisties and using the edge strip that she doesn't use :rofl2:
My garage floor will never rust

northern

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 06 May  2018, 11:24 AM
Kill switch?
no - in case of kill switch issue, fuel pump is not acting.

Also, starter relay was not clicking. If I wouldn't replace clutch switch, I would think issue is there... But it still may be the case.
Anyway, I would take for today ride some tools, electrical tester and sime wires :)

Hooli

You had this in bits all winter didn't you? I'd start by rechecking all the connections are good, it'd only take one loose multiplug or earth lead to cause all sorts of issues.

northern

My bike is spending winters in heated (at lease +12 C°) garage, and it was taking to pieces with engine out, this winter. So all major connections were reassembled and cleaned...

Strange thing - it start working again, after it was shaked on a track... And after that - 10 times with no issue...  :confused1:

One thing I find in service manual: turn signal relay is also an side-stand relay, and it's also involved in to starter motor circuit. On my 14, it was replaced 3 years ago, by cheap ebay version, because of LED turn lights. Maybe it's have issues from time to time. Will put OEM relay under my seat, for just in case.

Also, to eliminate all possible issues, yesterday I did what I was planning to do long time ago. Take me less then 2 hours:
http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=321.msg34298#msg34298

Hooli

I didn't know they'd combined that relay, but then I've never had an issue with that part of my bike.

KiwiCol

Thx Northern, that's interesting about the indicator relay.  I'd never have considered that in a non start issue, but now, seeing the wiring diagram I would.   :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mrg

Hi guys had a bloody good clean of the beast made her shine great ,but can anyone tell me the best way to keep the rust build up around the two header pipes in the Center and if any how is the best way to clean this tight little area  any advice would be great full. And it was a great day to get out on the beast lovely weather  just hope this is the start of the summer for U.K.  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Andre

I use a long and narrow piece of cloth to polish that area. Has to be long enough for both ends to extend to the "outside" for grabbing with both hands. Then pull one end then the other in turn to my hearts content. Probably the best polished chrome part on my bike.

Mrg

Yes a good idea I will give this a go and some autosol to help remove the rust bits.   Cheers  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Notty

Made an early start to avoid the nutters - police camera vans everywhere even at 8.30 am on a sunday !! stopped at Abergavenny Bus station a top place for bikers - rode around a 100  miles  through Breco National Park - those Campbells sound awesome !!  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Popped outside to fit some new mirrors I've had sitting in the shed for ages..The flaking paint on the other one's was getting to my OCD :twisted:

I'd just fitted them when Posty knocked on the door with a "Sign for" parcel...Strange I thought, as the only thing I've ordered recently was a pack of 4 oil filters, and it definitely wasn't those :confused1:

Unpacked it and it was a gleaming chromed side stand..Now I can only assume that Notty was responsible for this after I fitted his Campbells for him.
So THANK YOU @Notty it looks bootiful  :boogie: :boogie:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Celtic32

So it's not really doing something to the bike, but I had it out for its first real run out of the year around the North Yorkshire Moors. I've been slowly bringing it out of hibernation over the past month or so with the drawn out winter we've had so was nice to get out on it properly again, especially after some very limited use last year. I've not been particularly active on here of late due to circumstances with family and work but I do still drop in from time to time for a quick read, lurking in the background. Hopefully I can start to address that a bit this year.

Hooli

Popped to a local bike night after work, my fiddling with the throttle cables & cleaning the sensor in the airbox has sorted the cold running issues. Now I just need to use up the last 1mm of back tyre & get it replaced before riding to Scotland again for the next bank holiday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk