News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Fuel line connector

Started by Mister Fishfinger, Monday, 05 March 2018, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Fishfinger

The stench of petrol tells me that the fuel coupling from the tank to the injectors is not sealing properly, I guess due to age and general lack of use. As far as I can tell this is only available from Suzuki as part of a complete hose assembly - which is a rather saucy £57 from a dealer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the coupler, or is this a Suzuki-only part?

T 24

I tried with several aftermarket couplers with no success. They were all leaking after a while. Buy original.

gsxbarmy

Suzuki only part - actually the manual recommends changing lines every 3 years, so I guess your's hasn't done too bad.

As an interim you might try disconnecting it from the injectors and then putting it back on as re-seating it might just work. But when you take if off, try to roll it from side to side a bit rather than pull off straight. On the other hand it might just finish it off, depends how long a new one may take.

Just see this thread - will save a few pennies

http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=217.0
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

J2044 are the connectors, just a standard quick connector.Been on mine for a while, no probs.

KiwiCol

I just had a look at those fittings Grog, If we can replace the originals with those (and a new bit of hose) it would make it sooo much easier to get the fuel line off.  Personally I find the original fittings very fussy & fiddly, not at all friendly to take off or put on correctly. 
Those look like you just lift the retainer clip & slide off, very nice.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

Watching with interest as original fitting can be very fiddly indeed.
:popcorn:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

j2044 is just the standard quick connectors must have. many different clips/way of releasing. the stock suzuki  ones are def. pain. i have a little tool kit of 5 release tools, most cars are still difficult. ones ive used still need a tool to release. push in clip  connectors ive not tried but will search. seems a great idea. hundreds of sellers, diff. options. high performance car guys use them, petrol&diesel. will have search tonite. i have 3 spare in tool box, still need tool to disconnect. ill post if you want but now searching the slidy clip ones. replacing fuel hose is easy, stock ones can be cut out of hose. new efi hose from shop but must use efi high pressure clamps, not normal clamps. will let you know what i found. got me interested. 

T 24

Does anybody know what quick connector will fit between two 8mm dia fuel hoses, with max 6.5 bar?
I need two pairs of them. I almost burnt my bike with one Chinese 10 bar connector.
Hydraulic connector will work, but it's heavy, expensive and has wrong rubber quality to our gas.

grog

Sorry t24 but no answer. Think thats around 90psi? Ones ive been talking about are up to 72.

T 24

Thanks for your answer grog.
They may be OK connectors for you, but my "problem" is external rising rate regulator, so my maximum fuel pressure during maximum boost can be 95 psi. That is why I have to use straight hose nipples with hose clamps. It would be easier with quick connectors, but...

grog

grog

KiwiCol

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 06 March  2018, 01:09 PM
https://www.oemoffhighway.com/fluid-power/fluid-system/fittings-couplers/engine-components/product/10254426/parker-hannifin-corp-fluid-system-connectors-div-safe-lock-sae-j2044-fittings     Col, just found about these. Available Enzed hose shops. $5 retail. If no Enzed in NZ i can post.
Cool, we'd need the straight ones as opposed to that right angle one in the link.  We have Enzed here, I'll have to look them up.  Great find Grog, well done.  :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Just push view gallery, straight one is there

gsxbarmy

Some useful info here - have just stickied for future reference
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk