News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

LED bulbs and DRL

Started by Jeykey, Sunday, 28 April 2024, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeykey

Anybody tried newer LED H4´s, like the Philips Ultinon ones or similar ? Searched here in the forum but only found older posts. Just looking for the lamp upgrade and not whole headlight.
Another question, anyone modified the stock blinkers for DRL´s, relay or anything? I don´t want to change them to full LED´s. Think the whole LED thing isn´t matching with the classic look of the GSX. That being said, don´t want tiny led blinkers, etc. I like the stock look of the bike, cans and all. Attention, I love led´s.

grog

JeyKey.you prob read all the old tests i did.Those new Phillips get good reviews but others i tried weren't good.Now have Phillips race vision +200, halogen but very good. LED in-tail light,very good.LED in front park light kept blowing, gave up and fitted standard globe, lasting well.GSXR copy indicators, led,a bit smaller but just same look as oem but smaller, look good. Very bright.

Jeykey

Regarding halogen I´m satisfied with the front headlamp, it´s an Osram Cool Blue Intense +150. Just wanted to know more about these new led´s in our headlight; despite not being road legal in Portugal. And supposedly beginning of next year we´ll have the MOT tests. Until now we haven´t had them.
In the rear I´ve got a bright led on the top case, OK in the rear. For front wanted to keep the same blinkers but make them always on for drl´s.

Phill P

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 28 April  2024, 06:29 PMJeyKey.you prob read all the old tests i did.Those new Phillips get good reviews but others i tried weren't good.Now have Phillips race vision +200, halogen but very good. LED in-tail light,very good.LED in front park light kept blowing, gave up and fitted standard globe, lasting well.GSXR copy indicators, led,a bit smaller but just same look as oem but smaller, look good. Very bright.

Got a link for those indicators

:cheers:

grog

Phill, from MCAS, Oz accessories shop. Not sure where you are.

Phill P

Mmm in a far away land, uk. Cheers anyway I will look out for an identical version  :cheers:

grog

EMGO is brand, think also Oz company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk