News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Hand guards

Started by Mick_J, Wednesday, 08 March 2017, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapey

Quote from: kja on Thursday, 09 March  2017, 05:21 AM
I fitted V-strom 1000 handguards for the beginning of last year, I rate them too, I made some fittings to suit to fit the Renthals and they look the part, I'm keeping them on too.

Definitely the way to go IMO. You don't need to make anything as all the required parts are available from Suzuki. You just need the right year model.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

kja

Quote from: Snapey on Thursday, 09 March  2017, 06:29 AM
I fitted V-strom 1000 handguards for the beginning of last year, I rate them too, I made some fittings to suit to fit the Renthals and they look the part, I'm keeping them on too.

Definitely the way to go IMO. You don't need to make anything as all the required parts are available from Suzuki. You just need the right year model.

The Suzuki fittings dont work with Renthals, but its an easy fix.

Mick_J

What year V strom and what mod did you have to make?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

gsxbarmy

Early VStrom ones do fit (had them on my 14) - no mods required. When I get chance I'll look up the part numbers
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

seth

i can confirm that as barmy lent me his for a while and took 5 mins to fit them to the bike. :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Snapey

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 27 March  2017, 07:45 AM
Early VStrom ones do fit (had them on my 14) - no mods required. When I get chance I'll look up the part numbers

Buggered if I can find the part numbers Dave. They must be classed as an option because they don't come up on my dealers site. Even a search of hand guards draws a blank. I hope you have more luck than me.

GhostDog

Was interested in something like this myself - are these the ones? Not gonna buy so feel free (as they're the last set  :) )

Suzuki part number 57300-27825-291 apparently, google cross check confirms.

Cheers

seth

dl650 v strom has a cable clutch so would need modified to fit
the 1000 v strom are a direct fit on the 14 as both use the same brake and clutch master cylinders.
:cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Snapey

gsxbarmy

So these are the parts you need from an early DL1000 VStrom (bolts required are items 5 and 11 from the second diagrammatic - you can use the existing nuts off the GSX1400 brake lever bolts. Not cheap, but work well and bolt straight on with no modification required

@Snapey
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

kja

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 27 March  2017, 04:43 AM

What year V strom and what mod did you have to make?

The latest model V-Strom and a fitting that mimicked the Renthal bar end fittings, I'll get you a photo if you lke.

GhostDog

kja

Hope that helps........

Mick_J

Thanks Kja, I've just bought a new set of them off fleabay and I have black handlebars on order and am going to fit heated grips.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

seth

the handguards with heated grips works great  :onya:

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk