News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

GSXR seat conversion

Started by Yoda, Friday, 17 February 2017, 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigian14

Quote from: Reece on Thursday, 09 March  2017, 07:42 AM
Yoda would I be able to get those photos as I have been thinking about doing it and would be good to see what I'm in for.
Me too please mate

bigian14

Quote from: Yoda on Monday, 20 March  2017, 11:35 PM
Hi Reece I used threaded rods
Hi Yoda, do you have a side-on photo of this?
Looking to do the conversion myself over the winter so any help appreciated  :cheers:

Yoda

Hi just checked and I have already posted the photos I have

bigian14

Quote from: Yoda on Monday, 23 November  2020, 06:14 AM
No worries, was hoping for a side shot of the subframe bolted in just to be sure.
So is it just that aluminium box piece shown in the photo that I need? (as opposed to the whole subframe I keep seeing advertised online).

bigian14

Quote from: Yoda on Monday, 23 November  2020, 06:14 AM
Morning mate, thought I'd reply here as couldn't attach photo to private message  :rolleyes:
So, I've got all the bits together and I think I've covered all the odds and sods, (rubber cushions, screws, spacers, bolts etc), from Robinsons Foundry, no doubt I'll find something I've forgotten along the way lol.
Also bought a load of various size plastic push rivets for joining the plastic parts, 6mm, 7mm and 8mm. Got different sizes as for example where some should be 6mm I think the hole is a little too loose so I can drill it out for a 7mm rivet with a tighter clearance so once it's fixed it stays that way.
Regarding the frame I'm going to get four spacers machined to take up the slack between the frame and subframe see picture, exact dimensions to be confirmed later, I'll also knock some aluminium bar into the frame tube to prevent it from crushing when it's all bolted up tight.  So hopefully it won't be going anywhere with my fat ass on it lol.
I will try to remember to take lots of photos as I go should anyone else need advice.

bigian14

So, got all parts for the GSXR seat conversion back from paint and upholstery last week, many thanks to Wicked Coatings for the hydro-dipping and Coastal Customs Upholstery for making the seat look good, both highly recommended businesses down here in Dorset.
First ride out yesterday and nothing fell off so all is good.  This bike never fails to make me smile, was a standard K5 when purchased in October 2012 but as I don't ride when it's cold and wet, (arthritis and hate bike cleaning), it's in my garage over Winter and I just can't leave the bloody thing alone lol.  Started just changing a few nut, bolts and screws for either titanium or polished stainless steel but sort of got a bit out of hand in the coming years.
I know it's probably not to a lot of peoples' taste but I love it.

Yoda

Hi Ian I haven't been on the site lately. That is one very nice bit of work well done.  :clapping:

grog

Ian, not at all what id do to a 14, just not my style. Its superb work, your effort not wasted on me. Beautiful paint and just pure quality bike. Top job. 👍👍👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk