Main Menu

GSXR seat conversion

Started by Yoda, Friday, 17 February 2017, 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoda

Hi looking for info about this conversion photos etc etc thanks in advance
Yoda

gsxbarmy

Now - someone did that on the old org.....who was it. I'm pretty sure Capri302 (from the old org) fitted an R1 seat - the principle would be the same I guess.

Happy to contact him on your behalf Yoda if you get no joy from fellow orgsters here. I kno wit meant modding the rear frame rails, but that's about all I know.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Bob

I'm pretty sure gnome (I think) did it too, seat pad looked odd as it was built up to sort of match the tank, just looked wrong

lawrie

This is NOT what your'e on about, but talking of seats, I have a spare seat & being a short-arse, I thought i'd have a go at modding it to suit, lump of h/d foam, elec carving knife, surform etc.
Paper templates, & had a go a making a cover, turned out 'sorta-reasonable' I suppose, & at least it fitted, a couple of naff joints, & wrinkles, but i'd give it 50 out of 100, next one will be better.  :grin:
How it was done here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4zvdrrou6j7jqg/AAD0o1ABqI6RGnlooRMaYUzna?dl=0

I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

gsxbarmy

What I like about your "have a go" approach Lawrie is how damn professional it looks when you've done it for every "have a go" you turn your hand to.
That looks very nice indeed.

lawrie

Ha ha, thanks for that, but i've spent a lifetime 'having a go' at just about any & everything, & about 50%  of that has finished up in the bin. :grin:

P.S. I still have a full size ELECTRIC staircase I designed made & fitted over 30 years ago & its used often, all drawn on graph-paper (pre-computer).

gsxbarmy

Quote from: lawrie on Friday, 17 February  2017, 07:31 PM
Ha ha, thanks for that, but i've spent a lifetime 'having a go' at just about any & everything, & about 50%  of that has finished up in the bin. :grin:

P.S. I still have a full size ELECTRIC staircase I designed made & fitted over 30 years ago & its used often, all drawn on graph-paper (pre-computer).

Why am I not surprised.... :clapping:

froudy

Yoda..I just Google searched GSX1400 with GSX-R seat unit.
Is this what you were after? As Barmy said..It's brought up Capri 302's bike...
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Yoda

Hi Froudy yes that's what I am after

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Yoda on Friday, 17 February  2017, 10:29 PM
Hi Froudy yes that's what I am after

I will send an email to Capri302 asking if he will enlighten me Allan and respond (assuming he is good enough to reply to my mail of course!)

VladTepes

lawrie I love the look of your bike !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

lawrie

You are too kind sir, but this forum is full of lovely looking bikes.

Yoda

Still on the lookout on any info on the single seat conversion. Have the chance of a gsxr1000k8 seat but am a bit hesitant. Any help would be appreciated
Yoda

Blubber

You need help?

Just press " buy it now ".. when drinking at 03:00 at night   :rofl2:

( That's how i bought a big bore kit :lol: )
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Mrg

blubber

i love it lol drink and buy  ha ha ha ha ha  :rofl2:  :rofl3:  :clapping:  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk