Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish in Oz

seth

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Monday, 25 March  2024, 11:37 PMFound my oil leak.
20240324_131544.jpg

If you have local industrial hose maker they can replace the hose part .
Hooli had his done a couple of times before the metal bit needed replacing.
The split part will be replaced as part not the job
 :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Eric GSX1400K3

Wow, you blokes in the UK sure make the bike bits suffer from all that salt rubbish on the roads.  Checked the hoses on my Dec 02 built K3, still in excellent nick. (Now ive jinxed it and the hose will fail next ride out)...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Yeah, I thought the same thing, gotta be the salt on the roads as both of mine are also fine.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

GSXKING

Checked mine after reading this.
They still look fine & are flexible (covered in road grime) thank Buddha 🙏🙏
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Irish in Oz

[/quote]
If you have local industrial hose maker they can replace the hose part .
Hooli had his done a couple of times before the metal bit needed replacing.
The split part will be replaced as part not the job
 :cheers:
[/quote]

New hoses are about 300 quid a pair, however I picked up a very clean as new set on Ebay for 100 quid. I have Pirtek close by and will get a quote for repair.
The weather is fine over here it's just you southerners are soft.

grog

Not at all soft Irish,you already know that. Pouring down here, non stop 3 days,a bad riding year so far, 1000 mm in 11 weeks.Must stop one day.

Hooli

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 26 March  2024, 12:06 PMWow, you blokes in the UK sure make the bike bits suffer from all that salt rubbish on the roads.  Checked the hoses on my Dec 02 built K3, still in excellent nick. (Now ive jinxed it and the hose will fail next ride out)...

Yup, I had the crimped bits by the oil filter fail twice. I'm pretty sure it was salt sprayed up into the joint off the front wheel that rotted it away.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 26 March  2024, 06:28 PMNot at all soft Irish,you already know that. Pouring down here, non stop 3 days,a bad riding year so far, 1000 mm in 11 weeks.Must stop one day.

:stir: Sure the rain is warm.

Notty

Started the bike, first time since end of October - ok I know some say start it regularly and warm it up but not for me - tyres checked and weather dry tomorrow - out with mate who's daughter sadly took her own life several weeks ago and only 23 years old , horrible thing to happen - he is a broken man so hoping a blast out for a coffee and a bacon roll will help bless him
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Globalrider

Hope you went up the Beacons Geoff, there is something spiritual up there! Terrible thing to happen! Re oil cooler - Irish's line wasn't the problem on mine in Spain - the cooler went and thanks to the org I got a replacement to make it home. I promptly bought a new cooler which I still have as just-it-case!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Hooli

Not my bike, but my mate Nic's 125 is back in my garage tonight.

Some lowlife scum tried to steal it from outside her work. Luckily her lock to a solid metal railing resisted being smashed with a brick so they didn't get it. The scum threw it on the floor instead & have bent the bars too badly to ride as one side is resting on the fairing now. The bars are kinked on the bend too so need replacing.

I'll be searching breakers next week for bars to try & avoid the £105 new price from Honda. Being a '23 CBF the bars rise quite high so fake renthals etc wouldn't be any good. Lucky I've got two days off booked really, wasn't what I planned but it's more important than just wasting petrol on my bikes.

She rung me about 10pm not knowing what to do & obviously a bit shocked & stuff. Lucky the only mate I know with a van was just finishing work & went to help her get the bike back.

I'd love to cull thieving scum like them, they really are worthless rubbish not worthy of living.

KiwiCol

Agreed Hooli & bloody good on you for helping out.  :onya:   :salute:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Mongrels. 👏You Hooli. Lethal injection should be their only option.

Hooli

She's been checking the CCTV at work today, two scrotes who look about 13/14 years old were who did it. The ideal time to cull them before they get to breed, wipe out the worthless genes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk