News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

An interesting mod (Thug Yokes)

Started by Speedy1959, Wednesday, 20 December 2017, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I knew/rode a 14 that had billet yokes, I couldn't tell any difference riding it to a normal one. Just bling then.

Andre

froudy

Quote from: Andre on Saturday, 07 April  2018, 07:40 AM
Appears to be consensus - just bling

AND added strength...See my earlier post Ref. Accident damage :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

bigian14

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 21 December  2017, 02:05 AM
They're for Upside Down forks Notty, they won't fit on the std ones.
Had them on mine for a couple of years now with standard fork legs. They are normally smaller for the standard leg but I requested the thicker ones for USD forks but machined for standard legs with the option of sendinging them back to be re-machined if I decided to do the USD conversion.
Only issue is with moving the bike round in the garage, the lock is very poor so a 3 point turn becomes about a 10 point turn but riding is not a problem.

Gkjnr

:cheers:hi just seen this reply to my original post, what rear shocks are those?did they make much of a difference?
Thanks

bigian14

Quote from: taximan on Thursday, 21 December  2017, 07:24 PM
Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 21 December  2017, 02:05 AM
They're for Upside Down forks Notty, they won't fit on the std ones.

That's not correct KiwiCol. For standard forks the yokes are not as chunky as the USD yokes. 
I preferred the chunky USD ones and he drilled them to fit standard.

Same here, preferred the standard forks as just spent a few quid on getting them refurbished and serviced so got him to make thug yokes for the standard legs with the option they could be re-machined to suit USD legs at a later date should I decide to go down that route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk