News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Diy oil cooler cover

Started by mlivkovich, Saturday, 14 October 2017, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlivkovich

Was bored today and went shopping wire mesh and paint. 6 euros well spent...

froudy

Nice one..That'll do the job perfectly :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

£40 cheaper than mine and looks good - wish I had thought of that !  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Del

now that is a very clever idea - well done you  :clapping: :clapping:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

northern

Well done!
This mod is proven for me by time. Did same few years ago, and so-fare never regret it.

northern

Because I have installed HEL oil cooler, I decided to make a new cover for it.

From previous times, I had peace of alu mesh, just OK for this. So cut it in size and bend it as I need.
Armed edge trim was purchased from local tools and hardware store, from the trucks and tractors department :) . Cost me ~5.5€

The hardest thing was to get stiff edge trim on soft alu mesh. Fist, my idea was to put it on in one peace, but it was almost impossible, so I made cuts on corners, where horizontal and vertical parts meets.

To make assembly easier, I use clamps to fix mesh hard between wooden planks, and then force edge trim on. This was much easier then opposite side, which I manage to assemble by hands only.

I use black gasket silicone, to cover imperfection on edge trim corner cuts, and in general, I really like what I have made. Especially looking on it on a table  :grin:

On a bike... I'm not so sure anymore :) , but it will stay for at least some time.

One thing more - now, when I turn fork all the way on a side, tubes are in contact with cooler cover. Do not like that, so it's another reason to fins some other solution.

mlivkovich

mlivkovich

It's time for cleaning and fresh paint so idea came up...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk