News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Wanted - your photos for use as banner images

Started by VladTepes, Monday, 24 February 2020, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

I've done as instructed 4 times & I'm unable to grab the resized section & place it somewhere other than where it is.  It just doesn't grab that 1200 x 200 section to move it.    No worries, I'll leave it I think.  I'll have a play n see if it'll work another way different to the instructions.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

You need to get the mouse over the centre square of the grey image and hold it - then it moves  :onya:

Having said that this "befunky" program has to be the most frustrating and annoying app I've ever used, once you have set the 1200x200 parameters you get a slice that is no use to man or beast, I've given up on this after a number of attempts with different photos. It either sets it to portrait or if in landscape the size is next to useless.

Somehow @VladTepes I suspect you won't get many - if any - pictures sent to you, seems most here are having issues with that application and just can't get it to work. Including me LOL!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Andre

Pics of landscapes are certainly much easier to crop to the size one wants. So are pics of the bikes that after cropping show only parts of the bike. To get the whole bike in, the pic has to be taken with the resizing and the need for the bike being in the right half of the final pic in mind.

In a couple of weeks the weather should turn nice enough for me to get out and take some pics with the above in mind.

I took one of Col's pics but could only get it to 1200x229. If Col had stepped back a little more when taking the pic it would have made it possible for me (still a novice at this) to get the size right without cutting anything of the bike.

BTW I use Gimp to edit pics.

MarkN

Andre

For those who have given up: You are welcome to email them to me. I see what I can do and email the results back to you. If you like the results, email them to admin@gsx1400owners.org

You find my email address in my profile.

KiwiCol

I can crop my pic's to resemble the above format, I can't see the actual pixel count (L & H) showing anywhere though.   One of the main problems with this is as stated above by Andre, cropping a pic of some landscape looks fine, just a slice of whaat was originally there, but I take my pics with the full format in mind, if I slice mine I just get bits of a bike which make no sense.
Now, if you took your pic with the 1200 x 200 format in mind in the first place, that'd be wholly different.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Quote from: Andre on Friday, 06 March  2020, 11:15 PM
For those who have given up: You are welcome to email them to me. I see what I can do and email the results back to you. If you like the results, email them to admin@gsx1400owners.org

You find my email address in my profile.
email sent - thanks  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

What an annoying program to use!

I used Pixresizer to shrink the image to 1200 wide first, without cropping & then used that befunky to crop out a section 200 tall.

I'll email it over too as I know the forum crops stuff.

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk