News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Was All Excited About Private Reg

Started by BanditsHigh, Tuesday, 12 September 2023, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanditsHigh

Was all excited about the possibility of buying a private reg for when I rebuilt my K3, and I'd found the perfect reg, couldn't believe it hadn't been taken.

Of course, being thick, it took me a while to realise that I couldn't use the reg I'd found because it'd make the bike look newer  :cry2:  :frustrated:

Ah well, life goes on.

All the best ... Barry

Still alive ... just!!

BanditsHigh

Just realised I could get the reg I would like, just need to buy a new frame @ only £1687 ... would be a new bike registered in 2023 (or whatever year I registered it) ... then only another £500ish for the reg.

Then again, I could get another 14 for around that price ... maybe if I win the lottery :lol:

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

I had to Google to understand, all good now.

BanditsHigh

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 03 October  2023, 09:56 AMReg?

The one and only reg that makes sense ....

MY14GSX

So if you're rich enough then go ahead  :hat:

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

grog

Would cost a fortune here, can get my initials with 14, GDH14, $450. Might look into that one.

BanditsHigh

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 03 October  2023, 07:28 PMWould cost a fortune here, can get my initials with 14, GDH14, $450. Might look into that one.

Sounds good  :)

There are others like UK03GSX but "MY" prefix + digits + "GSX" would be great, 03,04,05,06,07,08 etc are already taken ... that's when I then thought of the 14, just about to push the button then realised you'd need a bike registered in 2014 or later!

Also thought of GSX140O, I400GSX, GSX140Z but there are no "O", "I" or "Z" prefixes!!

Maybe one day I'll have a spare £2k or so :hat:

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

Eric GSX1400K3

Wow, 2k for private plates? 450-500 bucks here, can choose whatever you like.  The euro style plates are more expensive.

I didn't think the text on the plate has to be related to the year of rego, that's a new one for me.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Dunno about WA.

In QLD 3Numbers/2Letters or 3L/2Nis $475 or thereabouts.
Anything more than that eg, 'Vlad' would be about $2500.

At least they are one-off prices. In Victoria you gotta pay every year!
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 04 October  2023, 12:00 PMDunno about WA.

In QLD 3Numbers/2Letters or 3L/2Nis $475 or thereabouts.
Anything more than that eg, 'Vlad' would be about $2500.

At least they are one-off prices. In Victoria you gotta pay every year!

got private plates for my new Defender L663, 6 letters 500 bucks because I wanted alu slimline plates. if you order acrylic plates then you can have up to 9 characters for 700 bucks, one time fee for the plates, std rego after that.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

What do we reckon about this one?$495.

Eric GSX1400K3

grog

No Mate, first i tried. Not sure i want one i posted, dont like miss spelt plates.

Eric GSX1400K3

Agree on misspelt plates.  I can get this one:

Pricing has gone up since I got my private plates, plus there's 4 numbers instead of 3

grog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk