Main Menu

Fuel filter

Started by zaphod, Tuesday, 20 June 2023, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Fan on a led headlight?

zaphod

Hooli

Time you started crawling around the bike to trace it then, I can't think of owt that does that on a 14.

KiwiCol

The only other fan is the oil cooler fan, try unplugging that & see if it still does it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Mine makes no 30 second noises, initially just the pump as per usual, no clues from me. Does the stva go thru a routine on initial key on? I dont know that answer.

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 28 June  2023, 05:17 PMMine makes no 30 second noises, initially just the pump as per usual, no clues from me. Does the stva go thru a routine on initial key on? I dont know that answer.

It does, but takes about a second. It travels to it's full travel at each end, flicks back to centred and then turns to the fast idle position.

zaphod

zaphod

im thinking seriously about selling up

zaphod

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 28 June  2023, 05:30 PM
Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 28 June  2023, 05:17 PMMine makes no 30 second noises, initially just the pump as per usual, no clues from me. Does the stva go thru a routine on initial key on? I dont know that answer.

It does, but takes about a second. It travels to it's full travel at each end, flicks back to centred and then turns to the fast idle position.
yeah, that is going through its paces ok

zaphod

yep

zaphod

im starting to think , injectors.     as they have seen 2yo fuel

Eric GSX1400K3

Injectors would click or buzz, not whine like an electric motor.

To me either thr starter relay is cactus, contacts have welded up, or stva acting up.

Try a hard reset?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

zaphod

ive tried a reset by removing ecu and battery.

zaphod

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk