News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Forum Stickers Poll

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 11 November 2022, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 16 November  2022, 09:43 AM
@grog that allows you to put your name on but it uses a specific image you can't use your own bike.

Quote from: BlueDragon on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 08:22 PM
I own a roland vinyl cutter - so I make my own in whatever size and colour I want..  :grin:

Did I just see someone volunteer to do up a forum-sized batch?   :stir:

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:56 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:24 PM
Quote from: Dusty ST on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:52 AM
Quite like a sticker for the reg plate, to cover up the dealer's free ad.

Well as we don't have that here on our plates you'd need to quote the dimensions please? And what text you reckon would be good / would fit.

We do get those plastic surrounds to dress the plates up.  Often with the dealers names on.

If that was the reference then the solution is:
1. Remove plate surround
2. Place plate surround in bin.

.... and replace with a GSX1400owners.org one ?

VladTepes

Problem with that is as we have members in UK, Australia and elsewhere everyone has different size number plates.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 17 November  2022, 11:22 AM
Problem with that is as we have members in UK, Australia and elsewhere everyone has different size number plates.

Yeah, and it'd be awkward posting something to the UK the size of a barn door...  :lol:

seth

I think as long as they fit in a standard letter sized envelope I'm sure postage would be fine .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Thursday, 17 November  2022, 01:03 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 17 November  2022, 11:22 AM

Yeah, and it'd be awkward posting something to the UK the size of a barn door...  :lol:

Yeah but our barns are smaller than yours.

BlueDragon

Quote from: VladTepes on Wednesday, 16 November  2022, 09:43 AM
@grog that allows you to put your name on but it uses a specific image you can't use your own bike.

Quote from: BlueDragon on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 08:22 PM
I own a roland vinyl cutter - so I make my own in whatever size and colour I want..  :grin:

Did I just see someone volunteer to do up a forum-sized batch?   :stir:

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:56 PM
Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:24 PM
Quote from: Dusty ST on Tuesday, 15 November  2022, 12:52 AM
Quite like a sticker for the reg plate, to cover up the dealer's free ad.

Well as we don't have that here on our plates you'd need to quote the dimensions please? And what text you reckon would be good / would fit.

We do get those plastic surrounds to dress the plates up.  Often with the dealers names on.

If that was the reference then the solution is:
1. Remove plate surround
2. Place plate surround in bin.

Happy to help out with the stickers.  Just depends on size etc.  My Roland cutter isn't the full size industrial one.  But, if you look at my thread under Member rides, I produced all the stickers that are on my 1400 when I re-sprayed it.  Clear coated over the top of them..  my cutter did all the Suzuki/Yoshimura and custom GSX 1400S sticker on my bike.

Colours will depend on what I can buy from the local sign writer.  I get a discount off them as I buy all their off-cuts that are too small for their industrial cutters, but are fine for my smaller Roland Cutter. 

I have all sorts of fonts as well.  So let me know what you want when your're ready..

VladTepes

Thanks mate.
I need to figure out appropriate dimensions - any guidance on that?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

BlueDragon

kinda depends on what everyone wants.

But for the types of stickers that you have listed for choice. Unless someone wants something stupid large for the side of a van, I can do the sort of sticker sizes that you would normally purchase at a bike shop, like the size of the stickers that are on my 1400.

BlueDragon

I created all of these with my vinyl cutter

BlueDragon

So if anyone wants any custom stickers for their bikes or replacement stickers, I can help out there as well.

I did a whole batch of OEM stickers up for another rider who was restoring a grey import Yamaha FZR250 .  Couldn't get the OEM decals, so I worked off photos of the OEM stickers and recreated the whole set. Though, by the time I was done, he decided not to respray the bike.. 

But I still left the designs stored on the hard drive.. 

I have to do a set of 750 Katana decals for my neighbor who is restoring a 750 pop up headlight Katana, and also for his FJ1200.. which I am respraying for him..

BlueDragon

don't know why some of the photos come out distorted..  Sorry about that..

but I hope you get the idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk