Author Topic: Headlight shape /style  (Read 494 times)

Offline Irish in Oz

• Forum Donor 2020
  • Torque Master
  • please enter your location
Re: Headlight shape /style
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, 10 September 2022, 06:44 am »
So I’m guessing a tuned GSXR1100 with an RGV race seat, Moto-X bars and a Peugeot scooter front as a fairing isn’t going to win any fans then ?   :whistling:

The Flymo looks good.

Offline Tony Nitrous

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 10 September 2022, 07:19 pm »
So I’m guessing a tuned GSXR1100 with an RGV race seat, Moto-X bars and a Peugeot scooter front as a fairing isn’t going to win any fans then ?   :whistling:

The Flymo looks good.

:grin:

I’ve upgraded a few time since. Current one is a 680cc Kawasaki V-Twin but I’m looking to get something bigger soon. I think my Flymo days are over.

Offline KiwiCol

• Forum Donor 2021
  • Administrator
  • Beer or Bourbon 4 me!
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, 11 September 2022, 05:29 am »
Few years ago when I used to work as a Freight Forwarder,  a bloke used to import Bad Boy ride-on's from USA. Some had petrol engines in the 16hp - 20hp range, but the best ones had small Cummins Diesel motors, those went up to over 30hp from memory.   Very nice piece of kit they were too.   

Could be worth looking at something like that for the size you've got now Tony, or a herd of goats maybe . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Offline Tony Nitrous

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, 11 September 2022, 05:47 am »
Few years ago when I used to work as a Freight Forwarder,  a bloke used to import Bad Boy ride-on's from USA. Some had petrol engines in the 16hp - 20hp range, but the best ones had small Cummins Diesel motors, those went up to over 30hp from memory.   Very nice piece of kit they were too.   

Could be worth looking at something like that for the size you've got now Tony, or a herd of goats maybe . . .

I think my Cub Cadet is 24hp. Go’s OK but 46” cut takes too long and it struggles with overgrown stuff.

3 of my neighbours have cattle and I come from a farming family. Wouldn’t mind a 2 or 3 just to keep the grass down and fill the deep freeze.  Spent the last few weeks putting up fences, I’ve got quite a few more to do before I look into cattle though.

Might look for a tractor and slasher. I’ve had my eye out for a Fergie 135, my favourite small tractor. Don’t need an expensive monster or a little grey Fergie that’s unsuitable. 

I actually enjoy mowing. I have a few mowers and find it a great distraction. Hours on the mower is like a long bike ride, I’m away from everything, focusing on what I’m doing and enjoy the finished result.  It takes me about 6 hours to do the front of mine but it never feels like a chore, even if it’s ridiculously time consuming and impractical. 

Offline VladTepes

• Impaler.. Don't tempt me!
  • Administrator
  • aka "LandyVlad"
    • LandyVlad.net
« Reply #19 on: Friday, 23 September 2022, 04:24 pm »
I’ve had my eye out for a Fergie 135, my favourite small tractor.

My favourite is the Ford 8N (or 2N or 9N) but at around 12 horsepower that's going a long way backwards!  lol 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Offline grog

• Forum Donor 2022
  • Needs to get out more
  • If we werent all crazy, we would go insane.
« Reply #20 on: Friday, 23 September 2022, 06:27 pm »
Know nothing about new tractors but grew up with oldies thru 60s/70s. Old Man had grey Fergie 20 until he died, Vanguard motor from memory. We once put a clutch in it , now thats a job. My fave was old Red, Fergie 35, excellent machines. We once bought a Ford 4000, no hydraulics so got cheap from prison farm. 80ks from home, guess who drove it , unregistered, max speed think around 17mph. Took 4 hrs, all rugged up in motorcycle clothes. Turned out just a leaky seal, fixed, topped up oil, trebled its value. One more, Nearby farmer had ancient John Deere, single cylinder, ran it for months powering  kilometres of irrigation pipes, never failed. No glow plugs on it, to start from cold still needed inside heated. To do that, take a shotgun cartridge, remove shot, Fit into receptacle provided, hit firing pin, crank motor, away it went. Most dangerous tractors were Fordson with single front wheel. Hope this is interesting to someone.  :undecided:

Offline VladTepes

• Impaler.. Don't tempt me!
  • Administrator
  • aka "LandyVlad"
    • LandyVlad.net
« Reply #21 on: Monday, 26 September 2022, 08:26 am »
They used to start many older jet aircraft with starter cartridges. The de Havilland Vampire and Sea Venom come to mind.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Offline Hooli

« Reply #22 on: Monday, 26 September 2022, 11:08 am »
Canberras too, from memory they held three cartridges per engine inside the centre nacelle of the intake.

Koffman starters as they are called were also used on some piston engines, like the Napier Sabre in Typhoons and Tempests

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk