Argh!

Started by Globalrider, Wednesday, 14 September 2022, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globalrider

Hi Dave - there is a most frustrating issue!
I post an article and it tells me "a problem has occured" so I try again and it tells me I have already posted it! - I look for it and nothing .... argh!
Stan
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

KiwiCol

What is it you're posting Stan?  Just text or pic's as well?  Which of the topic boards are you posting in?  I'll see if I can find anything till Barmy gets here . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Stevel3

Happens to me as well, more so when you try to attach photos. That's on my phone, haven't tried the laptop.

quote author=KiwiCol link=topic=7100.msg94153#msg94153 date=1663134102]
What is it you're posting Stan?  Just text or pic's as well?  Which of the topic boards are you posting in?  I'll see if I can find anything till Barmy gets here . . .
[/quote]

Hooli

I find it happens if the pics are too big. Sometimes it just fails to post rather than telling you it's failed.

gsxbarmy

Tell me more @Globalrider - I've just emailed you, can you mail me back screen shots or what it is you are trying to post? Thanks

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

froudy

I've had this happen a few times over the years. Usually when posting a photo file that is too big.
If I'm writing a long post I copy it before hitting the post button just in case the message appears. It won't have posted it anywhere. Its then a simple matter of starting a new post and pasting your copied text into it and trying again :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Globalrider

Hi Dave - as others have said - I just start a new post and it seems to work - the photo size has always been an issue so ensure it is reduced.
No screen shot as its just an error message as previously indicated. Learn to live with it now!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

VladTepes

On the positive side when I upgrade the forum to the new version of the software there is a 'save draft' feature to prevent having to retype big posts - just be able to click on save draft periodically and it's safe :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

Status changed to resolved.

Even though it's not so much resolved as explained :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk