News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Screen

Started by nightflight, Monday, 13 June 2022, 01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightflight

Can anyone recommend a good fly screen for my 2003 GSX1400. I'm spending too much time picking flies etc from my teeth !!!!!!!

Blubber

You would need a Goldwing size sceen to tackle that problem, close the lid on your full face helmet is the quick option.  Or use a boxing mouth guard / bit if you ride an open face helmet  :whatever:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

Stop being a poof, 14s don't need screens.

GSXKING

Mate disregard these ludites  :jack:
Nothing will stop the bugs  :frustrated:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Batkwaka

I had a Givi Touring screen on mine at one point, worked pretty well.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Tony Nitrous

I've had a couple of smaller screens on mine (because they were kicking around from other bikes) I really didn't notice any benefits.

On more sporty full faired bikes with bigger screens they seem to work and I can tell the difference between stock and taller or double bubble ones.

Personally i suspect it'd have to be a larger ugly barn door screen on a 14 to see much change.  There's nicer bikes if you want to hide behind Tupperware, the 14 is a better bike without it IMO.

Irish in Oz

I don't need a screen these day's. all the flies are on the back of my helmet.

GSXKING

So you're fast in reverse also @Irish in Oz  :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

steve porter

I did a bit of experimenting when I got mine and found that at 6'4 with the std seat and bars my helmet was in clean air and the clocks took the pressure off the arms, put an ebay screen on and just got turbulance. After raising the seat effectively 4 inches with dense foam 2 inches higher that doesn't squish to nothing and bar risers to suit I was getting pressure so fitted a smaller screen that is only a little higher than the clocks and am back to square one with my helmet in clean air and no wind blast on the chest, a 5'8 mate has ridden it and was getting helmet turbulance , so if fitting a screen one size doesn't fit all and you need to tailor it to suit your height and riding position

grog

My screen hangs in shed, upside down its very good for storing polishing/microfibre cloths.

Globalrider

I have/had Puig fly screens on my 14s they work well up to about 75/80 mph as far a buffiting, but flies?? I still get a limited amount on the helmet - it's tolerable! I also had a Givi which was not much better!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk