News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Suzuki to stop racing?

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 05 May 2022, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

youre spot on french, so glad i was born in era ive lived. I dont even like electric tooth brushes.  :laugh:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: frenchgixxer on Saturday, 16 July  2022, 05:28 PM
Don't forget, and trying not to be too downbeat, but its not just suzuki who have pulled some old staples from their ranges, the 600cc, 750cc and 1000cc supersports, big tourers etc, all manufacturers have - certainly for europe at least. The latest euro 5 emission rules. If/when euro 6 comes out for bikes then its really game over, all they'll be selling will be dildo's here. Sadly the visceral attraction that motorbikes have always had for many won't save them, all that will be left, in effect, are gigantic scooters. The rest of the world may cling on but come 2030 in UK and 2035 in europe its electric everything - new bikes and cars at least. Enjoy whilst we can eh  :smile2:

Maybe.  I've owned two Euro-5 spec bikes and they were both very impressive. It'll certainly be interesting to see how manufacturers cope with Euro-6. Fortunately some markets don't follow it or have politicians pushing for electric vehicles. Places like AU / USA etc still got bikes like the Busa when they were dropped in the UK due to legislation.

Lots of manufactures have certainly had to drop models from their range, but they also bring out popular or impressive new ones, Yams MT range, Kawasaki's H2 range, Ducati's monsters like the V4 Streetfighter, impressive models from KTM, Aprilia, Triumph, even odd balls like the Niken. Most manufacturers are still producing updated or new Euro-5 compliance bikes. Suzuki is by far the one not moving forward and I'd be genuinely surprised if they pull a rabbit out of the hat with an electric bike of any note.

frenchgixxer

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 16 July  2022, 09:03 PM
Don't forget, and trying not to be too downbeat, but its not just suzuki who have pulled some old staples from their ranges, the 600cc, 750cc and 1000cc supersports, big tourers etc, all manufacturers have - certainly for europe at least. The latest euro 5 emission rules. If/when euro 6 comes out for bikes then its really game over, all they'll be selling will be dildo's here. Sadly the visceral attraction that motorbikes have always had for many won't save them, all that will be left, in effect, are gigantic scooters. The rest of the world may cling on but come 2030 in UK and 2035 in europe its electric everything - new bikes and cars at least. Enjoy whilst we can eh  :smile2:

Maybe.  I've owned two Euro-5 spec bikes and they were both very impressive. It'll certainly be interesting to see how manufacturers cope with Euro-6. Fortunately some markets don't follow it or have politicians pushing for electric vehicles. Places like AU / USA etc still got bikes like the Busa when they were dropped in the UK due to legislation.

Lots of manufactures have certainly had to drop models from their range, but they also bring out popular or impressive new ones, Yams MT range, Kawasaki's H2 range, Ducati's monsters like the V4 Streetfighter, impressive models from KTM, Aprilia, Triumph, even odd balls like the Niken. Most manufacturers are still producing updated or new Euro-5 compliance bikes. Suzuki is by far the one not moving forward and I'd be genuinely surprised if they pull a rabbit out of the hat with an electric bike of any note.

Personally I've never owned a bike with rider modes, a cat (so max of euro 3 only) or even ABS! I've read, a while ago now I recall, that with euro 5 (and for some bikes it happened with euro 4 compliance), whist peak power and torque remain at least the same (to satisfy the marketeers), the delivery (as shown by AUC on power graphs) is anything but smooth with all the considerations of having to meet that standard. Showed up with jerky throttle responses, holes in power delivery etc. Could just have been on some bikes maybe? Also read, and whether it comes to pass or not, that euro 6 would need to ensure that bikes had to keep within emissions criteria for 50,000 miles? Logged in the ecu so any tampering was recorded. Also that, if out of spec, the bikes might shut themselves down until back in spec? I thought at the time what a nightmare scenario that MIGHT be on the way. Who knows? Ones things for sure though, no "modern" bikes for me LOL
Question everything

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: frenchgixxer on Saturday, 16 July  2022, 10:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Saturday, 16 July  2022, 09:03 PM

Personally I've never owned a bike with rider modes, a cat (so max of euro 3 only) or even ABS! I've read, a while ago now I recall, that with euro 5 (and for some bikes it happened with euro 4 compliance), whist peak power and torque remain at least the same (to satisfy the marketeers), the delivery (as shown by AUC on power graphs) is anything but smooth with all the considerations of having to meet that standard. Showed up with jerky throttle responses, holes in power delivery etc. Could just have been on some bikes maybe? Also read, and whether it comes to pass or not, that euro 6 would need to ensure that bikes had to keep within emissions criteria for 50,000 miles? Logged in the ecu so any tampering was recorded. Also that, if out of spec, the bikes might shut themselves down until back in spec? I thought at the time what a nightmare scenario that MIGHT be on the way. Who knows? Ones things for sure though, no "modern" bikes for me LOL

I've owned a few Gen-1 Busa's, a Gen-2 powered B-King and now a Euro-5 Gen-3, the latest Euro-5 version is by far the nicest to ride and fuels spot on even before finding gains from remapping and tuning. The H2 SX SE was the same. Both being 180hp bikes in stock form and both having no noticeable issues from meeting Euro-5. I've ridden a Ducati and Triumph that were both Euro-5 and both were better bikes than previous models.

I love my Old Skool bikes, I have air cooled GSX's and an early Oil cooled Bandit and GSXR, great bikes, but Im open minded and modern bikes really are impressive and aren't getting spoilt by legislation just yet.

The way folk talk about 6 axis IMU, lean angle smart ABS, TFT dash's, fly by wire throttles etc etc,  is very similar to the way folk looked very dubiously at aluminium frames or swingarms, upside down forks, fuel injection, ECU's and liquid cooling etc etc not so long ago.  The advances in tech hasn't taken anything away from bikes, and the legislation hasn't either.  Things are just a bit different.   

Tony Nitrous

Hooli

My HD is euro5 & apart from ABS & needing to map the extra O2 sensor out to fit a louder can you'd not know.

seth

only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk