York Western Australia Annual Motorcycle Festival 2022

Started by Eric GSX1400K3, Sunday, 10 April 2022, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Dropped in on the 22 York Bike Festival today. About 175km North East of Perth WA, held every year on or around the 10th April.

I was intending to take the good lady wife on the 1402, however the middle daughter made sounds early enough in the day that meant she wanted go come along, meaning as I don't have a sidecar on the GSX we had to take the Land Rover, oh what a first world conundrum to have!

Cruised up there, the run up to the great northern highway pretty standard freeway stuff, but after the turnoff more and more bikes on the road,great to see.  Arrived in York at 10:30 after a quick coffee stop.  All bikes parked up in Avon Terrace, a lot of HD's, Indians and BMWs with the usual sprinkling of Duc's and KTMs. 

We wandered up and down the terrace and checked out the bikes and all the accessories on offer, sadly not as many stalls as I had hoped for in the latter, but at least most of the shops were open. 

Quick bite for lunch then checked out the show and shine, tucked away on the left as we came in, 3 beautiful Suzuki GS's, the bronze GT750 flanked by identical GS1000s.

The main floor had some really nice bikes, my favourite aside from the 3 Suzuki's was the powder blue Ducati Desmo Super Sport 900. Just immaculate.

Time to head home, weather closed in and the drive home was a wet one, we took the long way home via Beverley  Bicton and Jarrahdale.

Great day out, only drawback was daughter no.2 buying a HD t shirt....

Oh, and the Moto Guzzi pic is just to keep @VladTepes happy
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Oh, and only saw one (1)other GSX1400, at least it was a  B&W one...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Some nice bikes there for sure, That old MV is cool too, but hard to beat that blue Ducati for sure.

So where's the picture of the Land Rover?   :grin:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Batkwaka

Typically they picked the one weekend I had to go down to Bunbury. The York show makes for a good day out.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

GSXKING

I wonder why Suzuki never used that paint scheme from the GS  :doh: :doh:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk