HealTech Suzuki Diagnostic Tool ?

Started by VladTepes, Wednesday, 06 October 2021, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Anyone have any knwoedge of / experience with this:

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/healtech-suzuki-gsx1400-04-09-onboard-diagnostic-tool/

It's described as a HealTech Suzuki GSX1400 04-09 OnBoard Diagnostic Tool
Choice of years seems odd for a start.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

No experience of this at all @VladTepes but seems damned expensive for what it purports to do - just "clear" error codes? In my experience, on a GSX1400 the code clears itself once the problem is fixed, I've never yet come across a question such as "I've fixed the problem, now how do I clear the code".

As for years - I'd guess the plug that fixes to the ECU is the later plug for the K5 -> machines.

So IMO it's a bit of kit for fixing a problem which doesn't exist. 
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Not for me as said by Barmy. 14 shouldve been built with OBD2 connector, most cars were from 2000. Bad mistake from Suxuki. It would make our diagnostics so much easier. If only an adapter was available.

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

HealTech make some pretty good kit. I had a Speedo Healer fitted to my Bandit along with a gear indicator.
The price for what is basically a couple of cables seems a bit on the high side to be honest. As already mentioned above it would make things so much easier if Suzuki had fitted a proper OBD2 connection port. I use a reader on my car to check and delete codes when necessary. Makes life so much easier(and cheaper) not having to take it to a garage to retrieve and clear the codes.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Monarchjock

The wording is copied straight from the Healtech website and covers all models of motorcycles. Resetting the code obviously doesn't work for the 1400. It does more than just reset codes. Probably better to read the Healtech website.
https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/obd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk