GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Riding Ergonomics

Started by BlueDragon, Monday, 20 September 2021, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueDragon

Check out this website.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

You can type in your height, inseam etc  also passenger details.. and you get to see the ergonomic angles of you on the bike you are looking at.

You can also customise the bike details regarding handlebar measurements and if you might be using foot peg lowering kit  or have made adjustments to seat height.

Looking at say the 1400 (standard) to a GSXR1000.  my back and arms would be killing me after a ride... 

1400 with a 15 degree forward lean, compared to the 41 degree forward lean on a GSXR..  Not to mention hip angle and knee angle.. 

You can just keep clicking on the + Add a Motorcycle button to add and compare more bikes

VladTepes

Cool. I'll have to play with that once I find a means of measuring my inseam.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Hooli

What size trousers do you buy? that'll do to give a comparison between bikes.

I used that site when I got the Sprint, it was useful.

Globalrider

I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

DP1400

Are we really supposed to be taking this site seriously? Its a wind-up surely?
What if the `14 doesn`t ergonomically suit any of us.....? Eeeek!!  :rofl2:

KiwiCol

The site is for real, sure enough.  It's good for comparisons between bikes.  You know how you 'fit' on your 14, look at the specs of you on it, now try yourself onto other bikes & see how those specs compare, is it more cramped than the 14? do I want that?  Is it more upright? less weight on my wrists, do I want that?  etc etc

I've used this tool for a few years now, just to see how I fit in comparison to my known bikes.  Personally I find it useful.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Whats really interesting is if you plug in a few bikes you've ridden and enjoyed (for me the GSX1400 obviously, and the Guzzi California Custom) and that given you an idea of what works.

THEN plug in some bikes you've ridden that you have been UNCOMFORTABLE ON.
(Unfortunately they don't have the Norton 961 cafe racer. While fun that was the most uncomfortable factory bike I've ever ridden)

That way you then have actual data as a frame of reference at both ends so any 'lets see what this bike would be like' now sits along that spectrum somewhere and you'll know if its closer to YOUR experience of comfortable or terrible. 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

DP1400

Each to their own i guess! Cant help wondering how i've managed to ride in relative comfort since  '74 though without this 'tool' !  A test ride before purchase does the trick for me. Only one bike i've ever owned felt a bit 'dodgy' before i got used to it was a GSXR100N which had relatively high footpegs for me,  but it didnt stop me buying it, and I luvved it! :stir:

Hooli

It could save the effort of travelling to a dealership just to sit on a bike & go 'f**# that for a game of soldiers'.

GSXKING

Anything that is considered a sports bike, is far too uncomfortable these days, unfortunately  :lol: :lol:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk