News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Brake Lever Holder

Started by gsxbarmy, Friday, 10 September 2021, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Whilst I've always left my bike in gear when parked on slopes or areas where it could be "useful" to keep it, I've always been on the lookout for something better - and think I've just found it from Wunderlich - what a cracking bit of kit, small and easy to carry, does the job - and will fit even if you have grip puppies (or similar) fitted (like I do).

As an aside - for those who like to leave their brake or clutch lever tied to the handlebar overnight after bleeding the brakes - it will do that job too!

Available in the UK from Nippy Norman's (for EU and down under, you'd need to use your local country Wunderlich supplier)
https://www.nippynormans.com/wunderlich/r1250gs-2018-on/wunderlich-brake-lever-holder
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Globalrider

Yeah I wish I had that when my VF1000F rolled forward on a slope that the Harley had stopped at! My bike rolled forward onto the foot peg of the POS Harley and pushed in a very expensive tank! Grrrrr Stupid Me for even riding with that POS!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Dusty ST

Surprised someone hasn't done this before!
I use an elastic wrist band Triumph were giving away at one of the bike shows - also used it when the bike goes on the ferry to Euroland.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

Hooli

If you get a new Africa Twin with DCT it's got a handbrake lever to do this! As being a mong-box you can't leave it in gear.

KiwiCol

The handbrake (works on the rear) has been on quads (farm type) for years.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Dusty ST on Tuesday, 14 September  2021, 07:54 PM
Surprised someone hasn't done this before!
I use an elastic wrist band Triumph were giving away at one of the bike shows - also used it when the bike goes on the ferry to Euroland.

Velcro works just as well.  Cheap too  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 14 September  2021, 11:17 PM
If you get a new Africa Twin with DCT it's got a handbrake lever to do this! As being a mong-box you can't leave it in gear.

Yep, and the "hand brake lever" is pretty ineffective - I had one of those horrible DCT Africa Twins whilst my GS was being repaired. never again.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 15 September  2021, 07:50 AM

Yep, and the "hand brake lever" is pretty ineffective - I had one of those horrible DCT Africa Twins whilst my GS was being repaired. never again.

Funny, my mate loves his. Each to their own though, I've not tried one to comment.

Mick_J

Mong-box  :rofl2: So glad all the PC shit that's battering our country has not yet reached this forum, brilliant.  I heard the other day that spotted dick is no longer an option in the houses of parliament, it is now known as spotted Richard WTF.  :facepalm:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

I heard of 'PC' but it doesn't suit me & I prefer honesty, life would be much better if everyone else did too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk