Out of Lockdown this Saturday - so where are you going for a ride?

Started by BlueDragon, Thursday, 09 September 2021, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueDragon

Well, we are out of lock down this Saturday..  luckily I'm not in one of the Regional LGA's that have to remain in lock down..

Definitely going to get out on Saturday on the 1400 and go for a ride along the Oxley.. 

Apparently the road is being repaired now.  The big landslide was just after the picnic spot past Gingers Ck cafe..  not sure if it is fully open yet - but will soon find out.

Since the cafe is no longer open, my wife and I usually stop for a picnic lunch at the rest stop on the Wauchope side.. just after the cafe  or we would ride through to Ellenborough Reserve for a picnic there.

will try and take some photos and post pics.

Anyone else going to get out for a ride?

VladTepes

Lucky bugger.
Why is the cafe closed?
I enjoyed that when we were down there for the MCR.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

BlueDragon

its been closed for a long time now.

Not sure it has or will re-open.

Story was that after the initial covid lockdown, they re-opened but didn't enforce social distancing rules etc.  Someone then reported them and the fine was apparently so large that they closed down.

That is just what I heard through the grapevine.

Irish in Oz

I would be surprised if closing down would get you off the fine, they would sell off your assets to pay it. Bloodly Australian tax man chasing me every year and I'm not even a resident.

BlueDragon

Gingers Creek Cafe has re-opened, at least it seems that way as when I topped up with fuel at Walcha, a few fellow riders told me it was open.

I don't normally stop there, but was open as I rode past on saturday, with a few bikes there.

VladTepes

Cool. 

Well. it would be if I could get down there again some time.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk