News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Which mirrors?

Started by Athelstanexxx, Thursday, 22 July 2021, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Not at all Eric. Just turn them over, hardly wider than your bars. Works for me. For the extra view they give, hardly worth worrying about that small time frame of filtering. IMO.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DP1400

On a `14 nothing`s coming past you so forget mirrors, unless you really want to see the look on their faces..... ;)

On a more serious note, bar ends are hopeless when filtering through traffic, so standard are always my preference, and they suit the bike sooooo much better too :onya:

KiwiCol

I put extenders on the std mirror stems, I see fine behind me now.  Probably didn't help that I was a 'wide chap' to begin with . . .  :imrgreen:  but I can see past my elbow & shoulder now, so I'm happy.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Del

I wasn't a big fan of the original mirrors (think the rectangular took away from the retro look of the bike) so I tried round bandit ones (much more suiting to the aesthetics of the bike) but being wide at the shoulders couldn't bloody see - I asked a mate to machine me up a pair 2" longer in stainless steel bar - works a treat
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Athelstanexxx

Installed. Very nice indeed!
Read the post on how to fix original rear mirror. Very interesting and solves my issue.
For a while I'll enjoy these.
Proud owner of a K3 GSX1400 now K6++ as look

KiwiCol

Those indicators look like some sort of weapon, Laser Cannon or Photon Torpedo's.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

I've come to terms with the std mirrors, yes I can't not see my arms, but they are big enough to see behind and to the side as well

seth

Just use
Suzuki 1200 bandit mirror stems they are 2" longer than the gsx1400 ones gives a loads better rear view .
We use aftermarket stems that are the same length as bandit ones .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

I have a pair of mirror extenders. If anyone in Oz wants them ill post for free. Ill never use them again. Work great but i prefer bar ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk