I have a cool and old tool fetish - post your cool tools.

Started by SA14, Tuesday, 08 September 2020, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V_i_c_i

ELKO 170B - 380V

Speeds: 1400/2840 1/min
Power: 550/750W
Grinders: 175/20/20

V_i_c_i

Jihokov V10

Weight: 80kg
Engine power: 0,37kW (0,55kW after my mod)
Speeds: 500/1000/1700/3000 1/min
Maximum drill diameter: 10mm (13mm after my mod)

V_i_c_i

PP315.21 MIG/MAG

This is realy 200kg heavy beast for MIG/MAG welding. Thyristor continuously adjustable up to 315A with many functions....just look at the control panel  :grin:

grog

Think you win the best old tools Mate. You sure have some good ones. 👍

V_i_c_i

Some unknown vice, original condition before renovation...

The renovation will come when I finish the work table in the barn.

V_i_c_i

Original photo of the drill Jihokov V10. This is how I bought it for 120 eur.

SA14

I especially love a good old tool restoration. I watch old tool restorations on YouTube all the time. You should consider starting a YouTube channel and film all your restorations. No music though, just sounds of tools doing the restoration with or without text or narration. Might make a few bucks from advertisers who love us spendy guys.

VladTepes

OI'd love a decent drill press - all the new ones are way too expensive for what they are. Not solid etc.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Snapey

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 17 November  2020, 03:02 PM
OI'd love a decent drill press - all the new ones are way too expensive for what they are. Not solid etc.

A drill press is very limiting Michael. See if you can pick up a second hand belt drive drill/mill like this over priced one from H & F. https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/M121  With the mill option your work piece is not stuck in the one position like a drill press and you're then able to mill slots or face mill. Stay away from geared head machines as the gears apparently break under load and if you fit a DRO you'll get that extra bit of accuracy.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Irish in Oz

I have a H&F like that one, bought it off a bloke I did some work for about 15 years ago for $250 complete with a good vise. Been a great tool for little jobs. Not long after I bought it my son spent 2 days machining aluminium plates for a packaging machine I was modifying. Saved me a fortune, he was only about 16 then but I payed him well honestly it was above award rate.

VladTepes

I had a nice old cast iron tool for roll-crimping shotgun shells. Unfortunately it must have had a fault in the casting as i was using it late last year and it broke into two pieces.  It's still possible to get new ones (from eastern Europe somewhere, or China) but the manufacturing quality and materials are not at all good. :(
I keep an eye out at flea markets /car boot sales etc as they sometimes crop up among woodworking tools etc as they come "from grandpas house when he died" and the seller has no idea what it is.

Quote from: Snapey on Wednesday, 18 November  2020, 02:06 AM
Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 17 November  2020, 03:02 PM

A drill press is very limiting Michael. See if you can pick up a second hand belt drive drill/mill like this over priced one from H & F. https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/M121  With the mill option your work piece is not stuck in the one position like a drill press and you're then able to mill slots or face mill. Stay away from geared head machines as the gears apparently break under load and if you fit a DRO you'll get that extra bit of accuracy.

Thanks mate - yeah that is super expensive (certainly disproportionate to how rarely I'd use it).Something to just keep in mind in case I ever see an old one for sale cheap somewhere.  :onya:
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

V_i_c_i

So another old tool modified and rebuild, vice under drill. Unknown manufacturer.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

V_i_c_i

Thank you Kiwifruit.

So next is cross table under drill. Nonius accuracy 0,02mm. Need just clean and relubricate. Manufacturer TOS.

V_i_c_i

And my last unposted tool (beast) for that time.

Hacksaw TOS PR 20
Weight: 495 kg
Engine power: 1,1kW
Cutting diameter for 90 degree: 200mm

For that time renovated linear guide for vice and vice.

Cutting fine  :boogie2:

Is currently working but is planned to renovate the hydraulic circuit and renovate and modify (add option to set clearance) the cutting arm

And from scrap I made leg for supporting material  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk