News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Number of GSX1400’s in the UK

Started by Big Phil, Monday, 30 March 2020, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Phil

Found this table on how many GSX1400's are left in the UK. Just for clarification taking Year 2001 there are 213 on the road, 155 off the road, giving a total of 368 bikes with 8 per month up for sale. Not sure how accurate it is but slightly interesting non the less:

POPULARITY & HOW MANY LEFT
Year   On The Road   Off The Road   Total   For Sale
2001   213   155   368   8 / month
2002   574   413   987   120 / month
2003   504   374   878   190 / month
2004   372   199   571   31 / month
2005   322   160   482   62 / month
2006   369   187   556   67 / month
2007   325   177   502   83 / month
2008   148   73   221   32 / month

grog

Thats really good Phill. Id like to know how many in Oz. Ive got some spare time to search, not sure where to start but will try.

Batkwaka

By my reckoning that makes my Special Edition the rarest model available and being blue and White makes it the fastest available.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

GSXKING

No way mate the stripes are too thin  :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DP1400

Great to see this kind of data, but can`t help wondering about the criteria used?

To illustrate my point, bearing in mind 2001 was the first year the `14 was available in the UK, according to these figures there seems to be an unrealistically high number classified as `off the road`. Thats a whopping 72% by my reckoning.....

.....so, back to my point - were 72% still in showrooms; SORNED; smashed up, or what?

In fact the `off the road` numbers look completely unrealistic for every year. Which begs the question, what does that statement actually indicate I wonder?

Just asking....... :whistling:

Hooli

Those figures are probably showing how many 2001 bikes are currently SORN off the road.

If it's from 'how many left' then it's probably miles out, last time I looked at it a search for K2 gave different results to k2 as an example.

Will14

I wonder if there are any new and unregistered bikes lurking anywhere, gota be something somewhere?

Big Phil

So with the current poll of who owns which year of bike I looked back at this table which when added up gives a figure of 4,565 bikes either on the road or sorned.

I also found another site that seems to tally up that number:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/family/suzuki_gsx_1400

If there are in fact circa 4,500 GSX1400 owners still out there in the U.K. it seems to me not too many of them are using this forum!

Eric GSX1400K3

Theres a couple on the other side of the planet, and most are on this forum i think
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Mick_J

There will also be quite a few on the facefuck forum as well.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 10 May  2021, 07:00 PM
There will also be quite a few on the facefuck forum as well.

That is a lot busier, but most of the groups are still at the 'how do I change the bars?' stage of technical discussions.

seth

I've found the same with the facebook groups as @Hooli has
Same old questions a lot of folk who repeating stuff they have heard that's not totally right .
I try to guide folk here as what we have is not only available to search it's free and downloadable .
To many keyboard warriors on Facebook.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

I've given up answering a lot of the questions on the FB groups as the same question was asked the day before, or I know people will argue & tell me I'm wrong when I know exactly how that bit works or that job goes.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk